Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I recently posted another discussion about the requirements for Theo being a stud dog. Someone mentioned Titles. I’m a newbie to all of this. I did a little research and found that there are lots of titles. Can you someone give me some info? Because I am completely lost. I saw titles that included hunting dogs? What about show dogs? Do they receive titles? I have Theo who just turned 1. Is it too late to get started with this? Also, how do I know if his parents had titles? So many questions! ?

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
Titles & Abbreviations – American Kennel Club there is also a listing of titles by sport rather than alphabetically. Look at his registration papers- if they were titled, they will be on his paperwork.
Also, you should put him on k9data. That will give you his pedigree beyond what is on the registration slip itself, so you can see if there is a concentration in an area or not.

·
Super Moderator
951 Posts
If you provide us with your dog’s registered name or his pedigree we can tell you what kinds of titles are present in his pedigree.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts