Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
A.k.a. Jennifer.
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have never taken Jupiter to be groomed before, but I hurt my back & he needs a bath desperately before we go to my Mom's for Christmas. So anyway, I'm wondering if it is customary to tip the groomer like you would for a hair salon? Or is the service usually all-inclusive? Thank you.

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
I tip a little something, 'specially when my dog comes out looking extra nice, or when I know he went in extra dirty!

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
I do not tip our groomer. She owns her own business in her home and gets the total amount of the grooming. Maybe I should still tip, anyone care to share if they do something similar?

·
2 goldens and a BMD
841 Posts
I asked our groomer a few years back and they said it was not necessary, but greatly appreciated. I usually tip pretty well because my berner hates to be brushed and usually goes in there needing a lot of attention, not to mention I'm giving them 2 or 3 muddy, hairy, large dogs at once.

Besides anyone I'm trusting to care for my dogs I want on my good side :-D

·
Murphy's mom
1,063 Posts
I always tip the groomer...just like the hairdresser. And I tip more at Christmas...just like everyone else who I have a relationship with and who provides a service year round.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My wife is a groomer and she owns her own shop that we built next to our house so she is the only employee. She doesn't expect a tip but they are appreciated.

·
A.k.a. Jennifer.
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It sounds like the consensus is to tip, which is what I thought. It's a service that is being provided, so I think a tip is in order, especially if he looks super cute when he is done. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts