Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Tinkerbell says thank you!

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  RickGibbs 
#1 ·
Thank you so much for all the positive thoughts today. This has been a day I have been dreading ever since I found out about her heart. It made it easier knowing other people were thinking of us. Boy am I glad it is over.

Tinkerbell came thru with flying colors. Our vet was very pleased. ( she was a little more worried than she told me.) And even better news she says this is a very good indication that Tinkerbell's heart is not going to affect her too much. That since she was able to come thru this so well that there would be no reason we couldn't sedate her if necessary. Which is great because trying to keep a 4 month old puppy still enough for good x-rays was not fun. It would have been so much easier if we could have sedated her a little.

I opted for full pain meds so she has basically slept since I brought her home. when I brought her into the bedroom for the night she wanted on my bed But I told her no not tonight. She has a bed next to mine she just chooses not to use it most nights. she whined a bit but I stuck to my guns I don't want to hurt her accidently. So she grabbed my pajamas off the bed and curled up on her bed.

Now I feel guilty, but how could I not...

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Yay! Glad she's doing well. What a personality she has - you can even see it in her sleep!

BTW - I have the same pj's. As the only female human in the house, I cling to all things feminine and Tink is the epitome of feminine, don't you think?

#9 ·
Yay! Glad she's doing well. What a personality she has - you can even see it in her sleep!
BTW - I have the same pj's. As the only female human in the house, I cling to all things feminine and Tink is the epitome of feminine, don't you think?

yes I do. And it is a good thing, My 10 daughter loves everything Tinkerbell. (she got to name her puppy). Every gift she picks out to buy for someone (female of course) involves Tinkerbell if possible, I've got PJs, Shirts, blankets, you name it.

#11 ·
It's tough to watch them when they first come home because they are so miserable but, trust me, in 2 days you'll not even know anything happened to her. It's amazing how quickly they rebound. Then the challenge is to keep them from doing too much!

P.S. I'm a Marcia too but spelled the other way. The wrong way, as I'm told many times.

#12 ·
I'm told mine is spelled wrong. When I was a kid and looking for something with my name on it I decided it must be spelled wrong because everything had it spelled your way. I swore I would never do that to my kids. So what did I do, my daughter's name is Kristal try finding something with it spelled that way.

#14 ·
My mother works for an inner city school. So when my daughter complains about the spelling of her name. I make her look at Grandma's lunch tickets. there are unfortunaltely a lot of students at her school that have mothers that gave birth, named the child and then left them. Not even caring enough to give them a decent name.

The worst I think was 'Ruinda Mylifa' The grandmother has since been able to get it changed. But you know that mother had to actually take time to think that up. No complaints from my daughter since then.

#15 ·
My oldest two daughters are Karyssa Hope and Melody Love. Neither liked their middle names growing up, especially Melody.... I guess "Love" gets you a lot of teasing.

But now, at 20 and 19 years of age, they both love their names....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.