Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its been almost a week and I though maybe we'd have a night or 2 of this but a week. Toby was like a clock getting us up around 6-6:15 to go out in the morning. This week since the time change he's been getting up at 4:45-5:15. I try to ignore him so that maybe he gets back on his usual schedule but we still have him sleeping in our room.
We graduated him out of a crate in our room(he got too big for it, has another XL one downstairs in the den by the back door, to big to move everyday) to a doggie bed and that was a couple weeks ago now so I can't see it being that.
Any advise on getting his clock set back. I wouldn't complain but I often work a late shift and don't even get home till 11pm, 4:45am is WAY too early for my brain.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
It's so hard for the animals because they go by daylight instead of the clock. Even our horses are wanting to come in an hour sooner. They do eventually adjust...it's just hard on us (and them;)) until that happens.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
different problem this year...Bridger wanted to go to work with me everyday...guess he figured I was leaving late, so not a work day

·
Destroyer of Toys
101 Posts
It's so hard for the animals because they go by daylight instead of the clock. Even our horses are wanting to come in an hour sooner. They do eventually adjust...it's just hard on us (and them;)) until that happens.
As the days have gotten shorter, I've learned that my dog operates by the sun. As it starts to get dark (which, this summer was around 7:30 to 8:00, now it is around 4:00) he thinks it's time to eat. I feed him dinner around 7:00, but because of the sun, he's begging at 5:30 most days. It's obvious he's confused.

But since I feed him an hour earlier in the mornings, I've decided to feed him dinner an hour early as well, and I think this has helped him a little.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts