Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been in Chicago all weekend seeing eldest DS and thus boarded my sweet Abby and Finn. I can't pick them up for another hour so I am posting (while I watch the clock). I am so sorry for everyone that have experienced loss this week, it makes me want to never be away from my babies.

They are at Camp Bow Wow so I got to log in last night and see them on the webcam, and it did ease my worries a bit. They have never been boarded and I just felt I needed to have a place they were familiar with.

Their interview went great last Wednesday but when I dropped them off Friday, they both turned to look at me like, "geez, we really like it more at home, but if this is what you want, we will...."

It is so quiet here, I can't wait to go get them...

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Marcie, you'll see them soon and they will be just as excited to see you as you to see them!

I hate being away from my boys too, even when they are at home with Dad. When I got home on Wed. after being with my daughter/grandson since Sunday, they were so happy to see me and cried and cried.
Now I am going back from Mon till Wed and I feel bad. : ( On Fri we are all going on vacation together so that will be good!

Let us know when you get back from picking them up!

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
I'm sure they are having a fine time. I was a nervous wreck when we boarded the girls, luckily DH picked them up while I was at a llama show, I think I would have cried when I saw them for the first time!

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Geez, I'm tearing up thinking about it. When I dropped them off there was a couple picking up their Sibe and he would not come out! He did not want to go home. They said it happens all the time and I know it was supposed to make me feel better that dogs love it there, but that would break my heart.

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
Sounds like you found a GRet place for them to stay. I'm sure they will be very happy to see you, no matter how much fun they are having. :)

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Marcie, My daughter was bummed that Colin, age 2, didn't seem to miss her or daddy too much while she was in the hospital. I didn't tell her he actually cried alittle one night after he talked to her on the phone since I knew how bad she would feel. But he really did great with Grandma but was SO happy when Mommy and Daddy got home. He was even happy to see his new brother!

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We're baaacck!

And none too worse for the wear.
Abby first, Let me outa here!

Finny close behind

I missed football with Dad!

I'm glad to be home

Not the best shots, but the heart is there!
I'm so glad to have them home!

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
They look VERY happy to be home! Even if they had a good time at Camp! There's no place like home!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
They look like they really were happy to come home. Like Dorothy says..."Theres no place like home, no place like home."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts