Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thunder is our beloved Golden boy. He's age 5.5 years. He likes to stand in the house and in the car more than he likes to sit. Does anyone have a Golden that does this? He's mild mannered.

·
Hello all:)
72 Posts
I don't know about Goldens but my parents have a German Shepherd and he ALWAYS stands in the car he will not sit or lay unless you tell him to and even then not for long!Sorry I can't give you more answers!I'm sure you will get great advice tho:)

·
Hello all:)
72 Posts
Oh :( that could be exactly it!!!I hope thats not what it is but I think you prob should bring him to his vet to check to see if he is in any pain!Some dogs don't show that their in pain!!!GL and I will keep him in my prayers!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! I did have him at the vet's office recently. He says the best thing I can do for him is to get him to lose some weight. I better get busy with that.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
My old guy has hip problems and he seems to find it difficult to get comfortable. when he is inside he will generally lie flat on his side, but then he finds it difficult to get up.:(

Once you lose the weight (or even while working on that) you might think about giving him deramx or rimadyl. Ask your vet about it. They are anti-inflammatories that really help a lot of dogs.

My old guy can't take those since he also has a history of pancreatitis.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
My Danny likes to stand to ride in the car. His reason is because he's eager to get to wherever we are going. He will lie down as long as where we went included lots of running time. In the house, though, he is pretty much a couch potato now. He just turned 3 last month.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Joy stands for the first 6 minutes or so in the car - just about the time it takes to get to the park! If the ride is longer, she'll sit or lie down. I guess she figures we're not headed to the park, so she better relax!

Of course, on the way home from the park, she is practically passed out on the seat!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts