Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made an appt to get blood taken from Maddie today for her Thyroid levels to be checked. I'm going to mail the sample to Dr. Dodds, but I have a question if anyone could help. So I have my vet take the blood and then do I go pick up the serum to mail it to Dr. Dodds? Or does my vet mail the serum directly to Dr. Dodds?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks, I printed the forms off the website. I think I'm going to print the steps to the process out too and bring it to the vet ... it says it should only be $10 for them to draw the blood and I don't want them doing anything different ...

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Well, the $10 blood draw may or may not apply to your vet.... would depend on whatever his usual charge is. However, I can't imagine it would be TOO much more than that.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
My vet didn't charge anything at all. But it took an hour before it was ready for me. They said they had trouble with clotting or something.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My vet didn't charge anything at all. But it took an hour before it was ready for me. They said they had trouble with clotting or something.
I have a feeling my vet visit won't be free (or even $10 as it says the cost should be on Dr. Dodd's website). I made the appt and then received a rude phone call back from the receptionist who informed me that the visit needed to be with a vet since my dog is not currently on Thyroid medicine. I told her that I just want the blood taken and then I'm sending it to Dr. Dodds and she wasn't pleasant at all. I get soo annoyed by rude receptionists in vets or people doctor offices, it's their job!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, the $10 blood draw may or may not apply to your vet.... would depend on whatever his usual charge is. However, I can't imagine it would be TOO much more than that.
I hope not, I'm going to bring the paper just in case I get confused to show them that this is exactly what I need ...

·
Banned
1,586 Posts
I have a feeling my vet visit won't be free (or even $10 as it says the cost should be on Dr. Dodd's website). I made the appt and then received a rude phone call back from the receptionist who informed me that the visit needed to be with a vet since my dog is not currently on Thyroid medicine. I told her that I just want the blood taken and then I'm sending it to Dr. Dodds and she wasn't pleasant at all. I get soo annoyed by rude receptionists in vets or people doctor offices, it's their job!
I hear that... I also despise the receptionist who knows what's best for my dog. And if you're reading this Mrs. "Your Dog Needs To Get Lepto before she's 6 months" NO! SHE DOESN'T! I'm not listening! LALALALALALALALALA!!!

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
The receptionist at my vet did not at all understand what it was that I even wanted. I explained that I just needed some blood drawn so that I could mail it off for thyroid testing in California. She had to go get the vet to see if he could understand what it was I wanted. She told him a lady in California wanted him to draw blood....

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The receptionist at my vet did not at all understand what it was that I even wanted. I explained that I just needed some blood drawn so that I could mail it off for thyroid testing in California. She had to go get the vet to see if he could understand what it was I wanted. She told him a lady in California wanted him to draw blood....
LOL maybe the receptionist at mine didn't understand either ... I'll clarify it in person when I go because I don't feel like dealing with her over the phone. I don't see why I would need to get charged for a vet visit if I just need them to draw a sample of blood, I would think that would be something a vet tech could do and I would be charged a lab fee at the most.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They charged $20 for the blood, when I got into the room the vet was like, "Do you want a physical exam?" (the receptionist said that she needed a physical exam with the visit) and considering the fact that she already had one and that was going to add on $57, I said I was all set.

I mailed the blood sample out to Dr. Dodds today, I will let everyone know when I hear the test results!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts