Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Lloyd threw up this morning as we started our run. I cut it short and was going to abort it completely, but he seemed fine after so we did a short one. No throwing up that I've found while we were at work, but after our walk tonight, he threw up again. That said, he ate both morning and evening meals with no problem and seems to have a fine energy level, etc.

He got a bath last Friday at doggie day camp and has been a bit itchy ever since. Not sure if its dry skin or what.

Now, in addition to the throwing up and itchy, I have noticed what might be a possible hot spot... Is the throwing up related to the extra nibbling he seems to be doing from the itching? Is the spot on the skin an issue?

Any advice is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
Whenever one of our Goldens has something out of the ordinary going on, we take them straight to the vet.

Last year, and I don't mean to scare you but..., one of our females threw up a couple times. She was totally healthy and happy otherwise. She died in less than a week. She had some form of very aggressive lymphoma that was undetectable.

I would take him to the vet.
Maybe we overreact, but we don't like to take chances.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Im guessing two separate issues....although maybe the same source.

The itching and hotspots probably came from a bad grooming - if not rinse REALLY well and dried COMPLETELY...you get an itchy dog with hotspots... :(

Dogs can get weird viruses including tummy troubles from each other....having been at doggie camp 72 hours ago...the incubation period fits...

Having said that....if he keeps puking & doesnt perk up soon...off to the vet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts