Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we went to do spring cleaning at the cabin. I started early Saturday morning (like 7:30). Everything has to be taken off the screen porch and then I power wash it. DH was still sleeping, no problem. Well I thought we had made plans to go to Pikes Peak at 10:00 am, me and the dog people, but we don't have a land phone line and they had decided to move up the time. So they show up at nine and I'm like, OK, OK, no prob. So I run back to put on my sports bra and grab my tennies.

Abby, in her infinite wisdom, just opens the sliding glass door and joins her friends (six people, 10 dogs in a van). Strike one Well evidently Finn can not come back inside to use the door and vaults through the screen (four foot drop) to see his friends. So I am trying to get my shorts on and the next thng I hear is DH yelling at the dogs because they have all come in the torn screen. Ouch.

So we have a great hike and strike two is the bumpasses are not supposed to get wet, because they have just had their Advantix the day before. But they are swimming all over. Oh well.

Strike three. We always go to the Angus in Praire du Chien for dinner (excellent) to kick off the season. I thought we were leaving at six, but the van came at five! Well the pups barely got out and I barely got mascara on and a poney tail. When we got back at ten, someone had had a boo-boo in the house. I said Dave, take them outside and I'll clean it up. I have been changing their food and something disagreed with them, probably with Finn. So DH was cranky again, but he stayed with Finn all night, thinking he might be sick.

So this morning, Abby and are sleeping, check to cheek and arm to paw and she whimpers. I take her outside and she does, indeed have the runs.

I smile at her and she shrugs her shoulders like, hey, I can't talk, you're the one that blamed it on Finn.

I suspect it was worth it for for Finn to sleep in daddy's arms.

·
Premium Member
17,907 Posts
LOL, but you write the story so well it's like being there! Sorry for the strikes, it still sounds like a good weekend.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
It sounds like it was an exciting and wild weekend. Hope Abby feels better soon and I am sure that Finn didnt mind being blamed to have that Daddy time.

·
Registered
16,391 Posts
I loved this post. It was like a photo in words, a slice of life. I bet it was nice for Finn.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts