Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of my large group of breeders found from here and clubs and a few random places. A few had waiting lists I could go on or said to check back on next year once they had clearances So I was just curious from this list which breeder would you feel most confident in?

1 Cloverdale Tolland Ct (we need to schedule a call to Jane. The holiday week threw us off so we didn’t get a chance to call her yet)
2 Cressida southeastern Ma (check back in spring)
3 Tangleloft Sturbridge Ma (originally we weren’t going to reach out because she has a 24 month waiting list. So far I really like Lindsay. Her responses are very thoughtful)
4 Thornlea Pelham Nh (check back in fall)
5 Astar Bridgewater Ma (plans on breeding next year depending on cycles)

There were mixed reviews on a few others that did have availability next year depending on what post I found so I’m leaving them off this list. A few also gave me nothing to really go on to research them on ofa.

Part of me really wants to reach out to:
Poeticgold (not breeding till 2023) I really liked what Jill says about her breeding practices and the fact that she is also helping people find reputable breeders. The only reason we didn’t is because we were hoping to get a puppy in 2022, but if the right breeder doesn’t have a puppy in 2022 then the next logical step would be 2023.

I appreciate the feedback. I am partially worried that the longer I take to find a breeder the harder it will be to get on a waitlist for next year. Is anyone else feeling that pressure in the process to finding a reputable breeder? I was also surprised to find out that so many puppy buyers want males. My husband is set on a male as well. Partially because he wants to name the puppy Thor. He also likes their disposition better. I’m still blind to the differences between the sexes when it comes to dogs though.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Out of my large group of breeders found from here and clubs and a few random places. A few had waiting lists I could go on or said to check back on next year once they had clearances So I was just curious from this list which breeder would you feel most confident in?

1 Cloverdale Tolland Ct (we need to schedule a call to Jane. The holiday week threw us off so we didn’t get a chance to call her yet)
2 Cressida southeastern Ma (check back in spring)
3 Tangleloft Sturbridge Ma (originally we weren’t going to reach out because she has a 24 month waiting list. So far I really like Lindsay. Her responses are very thoughtful)
4 Thornlea Pelham Nh (check back in fall)
5 Astar Bridgewater Ma (plans on breeding next year depending on cycles)

There were mixed reviews on a few others that did have availability next year depending on what post I found so I’m leaving them off this list. A few also gave me nothing to really go on to research them on ofa.

Part of me really wants to reach out to:
Poeticgold (not breeding till 2023) I really liked what Jill says about her breeding practices and the fact that she is also helping people find reputable breeders. The only reason we didn’t is because we were hoping to get a puppy in 2022, but if the right breeder doesn’t have a puppy in 2022 then the next logical step would be 2023.

I appreciate the feedback. I am partially worried that the longer I take to find a breeder the harder it will be to get on a waitlist for next year. Is anyone else feeling that pressure in the process to finding a reputable breeder? I was also surprised to find out that so many puppy buyers want males. My husband is set on a male as well. Partially because he wants to name the puppy Thor. He also likes their disposition better. I’m still blind to the differences between the sexes when it comes to dogs though.
All those breeders have really nice dogs. My dog is from Thornelea. I waited years for the timing to be right and I couldn't be happier with my girl.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts