Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Social Therapy Dog
613 Posts
I posted this(just the list of ten commandments) a few weeks back and thought it was great in that form but after seeing it done well in this medium I have to say it's even better! Although I'm not a fav of the "muzak" song its playing "I will always love you" from that kevin costner movie "The Bodyguard" it does fit lol. Number ten always makes me choke up a tad bit though. With Amberr being only 19 months old now I get really messed up when I start thiking that at some day I'm going to have to go through that part of her life. I have such a problem with grieving properly from my last heart dog being put down without me being there or without having been able to say goodbye to him, it just really messed up my abiity to deal with grief when it comes to pets. I'm afraid I'm going to be one HUGE blathering, blubbering mess when that day comes. ughhh, I can't even think about it without a tear now. Anyway, thanks for posting this. Do you mind if I share it as well in email to a few friends, Either direct linked or copied and pased?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just read the ten commandments and you are right, the last one is a tear jerker. My family as probably most of you lost our KC a few years ago to cancer. I told my wife that when the time came I wanted to be there holding her and she agreed that there was no way we would send her off alone. My son who grew up with her had to drive us on that terrible evening when the end came. All of were there and I hugged her with my face next to hers balling our eyes out as she slipped away. I can not even think of that night without welling up. But I am glad she did not have to face it alone.

·
old but new
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry...I have been sick and so have everyone of my kids.....so I was gone a few days! Ambersdad.... Email away!! LOL I don't mind...I actually did that myself...exspecially to a few friends whom could stand to be reminded of how "important" their pets SHOULD be! ;)
Yeah, I agree...number 10 can choke ya up! Been there...done that...and its never easy, thats for sure!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts