Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
RIP Sweet Skyler
9,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.............and somewhat age oriented!!! Go find concert posters from the 60's and post here. You can post the same group/concert, but, NOT the same poster.

Obviously the Rising Sun of all concerts:
(my thread so I get it first!!!)

And of course, the BEST group ever to be together with the BEST guitarist of all time:

Peace, Love, Dove & pass the acid!!

·
Daisy-Broken Heart Healer
595 Posts
Here is one from May, 1961 for Chuck Berry.

Attachments

·
& Murphy's Mom too!
869 Posts
So I'm only 25 but yet grew up with nothing but Neil Young and CSNY in our house (at least my mom, my dad had other tastes) and I've been to a few of their concerts with my parents. There are other groups I could have searched for but I had to go with my favorite :)

·
RIP Sweet Skyler
9,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I'm only 25 but yet grew up with nothing but Neil Young and CSNY in our house (at least my mom, my dad had other tastes) and I've been to a few of their concerts with my parents. There are other groups I could have searched for but I had to go with my favorite :)

Quite possibly the best song ever written: Southern Cross - CSN

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Thank you for starting this thread Steve. I went to see if I could find photos of my sister who appeared as a regular on CT Bandstand. I haven't found her photo, a few of them were published in our local newspaper not long ago, but I found a wonderful photo of hers and her husband (he passed away) business. It's no longer in the family, but she will love seeing it!

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
.............and somewhat age oriented!!! Go find concert posters from the 60's and post here. You can post the same group/concert, but, NOT the same poster.

Obviously the Rising Sun of all concerts:
(my thread so I get it first!!!)

And of course, the BEST group ever to be together with the BEST guitarist of all time:

Peace, Love, Dove & pass the acid!!
So THAT's what's wrong with you Steve! Too many "trips" in the past! LOL!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I loved Arlo Guthrie! Alice's Restaurant was the first LP I ever owned. I wore it out. I could probably recall all of the lyrics... (eek, notice the proceeds were going to the Los Angeles Free Clinic! What a hoot!)

·
Jester & Piper's Mom
3,325 Posts
I was only a year old when the first poster was printed. I followed the Dead when I was in college (late 80's) The second poster is from a concert I attended at MSG in NYC. I like the old poster art much better!

Attachments

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Not as old as some of the others but as a jacksonville westside girl, I have to put my favorite band. This poster was the year they died 1977

I have partied in the place they used to practice and grew up in the same area as them. Have sat at the graves on a bench from Charlie Daniels and had a beer in their honor while listening to Freebird and Sweet Home Alabama.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts