Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) My one and probably only litter -- this email came yesterday from a young 13 year old girl who has a puppy from my litter. She lives far away from me (puppy did not fly to her, she had a long car ride up to NY from NC with loving people!) -- How my heart fills with pride knowing the love and joy this puppy brings to this family. My little "yellow" girl - who I named "Maria" from the get go - Maria as in ... how do you solve a problem like Maria! She will always be Maria to me and in my heart.

I love keeping up with my puppies and everyone does keep up with me even though they a long way from me. I am grateful they all care enough to keep me posted. Heck, they are all probably still worried about me considering how I cried when they left. Luckily little Coda stayed with me. :)

Enjoy her note...

Hey! this is ******,
i haven't talked to you in a while and thought i'd drop in and tell you how Annabelle is doing because she is going to be a year old next month!
-the first thing you should know about her is that wherever i am SHE IS literally haha
-she is VERY loved its crazy, my dad keeps saying that he can't believe how much love she has around her i mean you can't walk by her without giving her a hug or a kiss she's just irresistible :)
- she is great around people except when she first meets them ... she gets a little excited but she has calmed down tremendously since when we first got her
- she loves to play with her stuffed animal duck and plastic horse lol
- she is very good and listens very well, except when it's time to go to bed haha she tries to get me to chase her around the house lol
- sometimes she allmost seems human : she knows exactly what your saying and how to respond
- she loves hugs and loves,she gives me kisses before i go to school while we wait for the bus at the fence :) and when i come home my dad says she knows the sound of the bus because she listens for it and then perks up and waits at the door for me
- my neice and nephew ADORE her haha everytime they come over the first thing they want to know is "where's annabelle?" lol she loves them too and she's very calm around them... she lay's with them and licks their face and everything.

Well there is so much more i could say but i have to go.... hope u enjoyed reading, and i have pictures of her on facebook so check those out too!

·
est.1989
4,374 Posts
beautiful isn't it! those are the emails I love to receive!

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
That is such a sweet letter, sounds like your Maria/her Annabelle has a great home and a family that loves her.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
That is just the sweetest note!!
What a nice feeling to know your pups is so well loved....

·
16,000 Posts
How nice for you! And so hard to believe they are coming on a year already!!!
I also treasure the notes, photos, and emails from all our puppy buyers. And the lifelong friendships I have made as well.

·
Murphy's mom
1,025 Posts
That was such a sweet email! You should feel so good that you picked such a loving home for your Maria/Annabelle! And Annabelle sounds like a great golden. This is why I sometimes preach too much about researching before you choose a breeder. What a great story. Maybe I should go and send another update to my breeder for my two boys!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
What a sweet note! It sounds like she has a great home, and that girl is going to have a wonderful furry best friend during a really hard time of life (you could not pay me to be 13 again!). It's so nice to hear how much she is loved, and the joy she brings to this family!

It's nice to know that golden breeders really care about updates - I try to update breeders of ponies I've owned when I hear of their whereabouts, but I rarely find the breeder is interested, unless I attach win photos. :uhoh:

When I buy my next Golden I really hope to form a great relationship with the breeder, and have him/her involved in the dog's life.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep - can't believe the little pups will be a year on February 2. Wow. I feel so blessed with each one, so proud of them no matter what they are doing.

This young girl also rides horses and is just the sweetest. Her father was so excited about getting her. He went to the lady who picked up the puppy at 4 am so he could get back and wake up his daughter. What a special dad he is!

I hope to see them at a show soon. Annabelle has been in obedience classes with the Coulters in New York.

I will see one puppy (I co-own her) this weekend at a show in Clemson! Then she goes back to field training school - she is an amazing puppy.

I still keep in close contact with Bailey's breeder to let them know exactly what she is doing (good or bad) -- and now they keep up with the "grandpuppy" -- as it should be.

I remember reading puppy applications and having people come visit. Turned down a few people because it just didn't feel right. One couple called me horrible things, wished bad things on the puppies, sent me 20+ hate emails, phone calls -- all because I told them I wouldn't have a puppy for them, but yet I sent them to 3 other people with puppies on the ground who were from litters I would have purchased a puppy from -- go figure.

I went with my gut and my heart -- and it has certainly paid off!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts