Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Faux Wanda
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone recently entered all of the data from the breeder that we got our first dog from into the k9 database. I was able to find the first dog I ever owned. He name was Tigathoe's fireball. I also traced her line to see if anyone was still breeding it and I was able to trace it all the way to......

wait for it......

MY DOG, NICK.

I currently have a dog that is a direct descendent of the first Golden Retriever that I ever had and I never knew it.

I always wanted to have a dog from the tigathoe line but I never dreamed that I would one day have one that descended from Penny. I am very excited.

·
Registered
16,395 Posts
That is so cool! Will you send us the links?? I grew up with Tigathoe goldens as well, and my first dog who was all my own, Joplin, was a grandson of Dual CH AFC Tigathoe's Funky Farquar CD TD OS DDHF FDHF

·
Faux Wanda
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pedigree: Tigathoe's Rusty Ray CDX TD

This is the link to her breeding. Our dog was Tigathoe's Fireball (AKA Penny). My father bred her to Rockhaven Raynard of Fo Go Ta. This is the result of her breeding.

I was never a fan of k9 data because I know that you enter your own info and can falsify it. I have found some unscrupulous breeders that have made up their own numbers in place of OFA or CERF so I never really relied on it before but I am a huge fan now. I don't know the person who entered the data but it is pretty accurate. They even spelled my dad's name right. I only wish that I had found this out before my dad passed away. He would have been thrilled. My Nick is 5 years old and I just found out.

·
Registered
16,395 Posts
Wow, this is the era in which my grandfather had Tigathoe dogs like your father did. I wonder if they knew each other in dog circles.

·
Faux Wanda
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ljilly28,
I don't think that my father competed with Penny. I know that he and my grandfather used to go duck hunting and that is what Penny was trained for. I was told that Torch was so impressed by Penny's training that she offered my father a job training her dogs for her. I guess that is why she let him breed Penny to her newly acquired Canadian champion Rockkhaven's Raynard of Fo Go Ta and kept two of the pups. Just shortly before he died, he told me that one of his biggest regrets in life, was not taking the job. If you are interested, I also found some breeders that still breed from the Tigathoe line, specifically Tigathoe's funky farquar and his brother Tighathoe's Kiowa II

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Britannia

Pedigree: Tigathoe's Rusty Ray CDX TD

This is the link to her breeding. Our dog was Tigathoe's Fireball (AKA Penny). My father bred her to Rockhaven Raynard of Fo Go Ta. This is the result of her breeding.

I was never a fan of k9 data because I know that you enter your own info and can falsify it. I have found some unscrupulous breeders that have made up their own numbers in place of OFA or CERF so I never really relied on it before but I am a huge fan now. I don't know the person who entered the data but it is pretty accurate. They even spelled my dad's name right. I only wish that I had found this out before my dad passed away. He would have been thrilled. My Nick is 5 years old and I just found out.

I just joined this website tonight. I found out, on a website for a totally different subject, that a Golden Retriever that I had many years ago was from a "famous" (in dog circles) breeder. I did an Internet search on the breeder but could not find my dog's own pedigree to look up the details. I have misplaced it, although I am sure I have not thrown it out. While I was looking around on the 'net, the breeder's name took me to this website. Our dogs must be related. Because one of my dog's ancestors was a Tigathoe dog. In fact, many of them were (of course). I just loved her because she was a wonderful dog. But when someone on this other group knew that breeder it grabbed my attention!

I went to the website recommended-the one that is supposed to provide k9 data-but my own dog's pedigree was not there. At least not by her name. Unless I find her pedigree or her health information I cannot add a great deal of information about her. I did enter her name and her breeder's name. I can only recall one or two names of the dogs in her background. Her dam was named Christina of Old Greenwich and she had a full brother from another litter named Teddy (so the same sire). The breeders were the owners of those two dogs, our neighbors, Bill and Eva Fossum. The sire was, I believe, the Tigathoe dog. One Tigathoe dog in Brit's background whose name I recall was Red Hot Chili. Another one was something similar. There were a lot of Mexican food sounding hot names! Can anyone help me to find information about her ancestry?

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
An Addendum

Rather than to edit my first posting endlessly, I thought I would post a second time! I successfully found some data about my wonderful Golden Retriever who lived from about 1978 to 1993.

Once I remembered that the full name of the dam was Christina of Old Greenwich I was able to get data and I found that the sire was Tigathoes Redhead. I believe that Brit was born in the same litter as a dog already registered on the website, Tigathoe's Trailblazer. That dog had the birth date of 11/1/78. But I am not sure. Brit's brother, Teddy, was born in a litter the previous year from the same sire so we know Christina gave birth then, too. Therefore 1978 may be the wrong year for Brit's litter although she would share the same sire and the same lineage as Teddy.

At any rate, Tigathoes Redhead was descended from Tigathoes Hothead who was descended from Tigathoes Hot Chili WC who was descended from Tigathoes Hot Tamale WC who was descended from Tigathoes Nickotee and Am CH J's Teeko of Tigathahoe among other Goldens.

At least I know why that name was familiar to me when I saw it. I had been told that the breeder (the Tigathoes breeder) chose Christina as the dam for her dog because Christina had a beautiful head. And she did. She wasn't a large dog, but she was very beautiful. And so was Brit, my dog. Brit had Christina's beautiful head, but she was bigger and redder. Christina was a lighter golden color.:wavey:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Thank You, Millie'sMom

:wavey:
If you click on "view change history" at the bottom of the K9data page, it will tell you who entered the information.
Thank you. In the case of the sibling of my dog, I suspected it was the dog's owner (who is named). It may not have been, however. It never occurred to me, but it might have been a child or grandchild of that owner who was interested in keeping records! Your information is very useful. Thank you for taking the time to post.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts