Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over Thanksgiving my brother and his kids (ages 2, 5 and 6) were up to visit. They haven't spent too much time with dogs, and the time they have spent hasn't been too positive. I was a bit concerned to begin with because my guys can be rather boisterous. I wasn't sure how they would take to little people running and shrieking in their house. However, they rose to the occasion like, well, like Goldens! They were so gentle and sweet! One of the boys is autistic, and Wilson chased balls for him for hours. I think it's the first time that Wilson got a bit tired of the game before the human! The 4 year old had been knocked down in the past by a large dog, but Shelby's sweet temperament soon won him over. Our big Maine **** Cat, Z, was also a hit. He loves attention and is very gentle.

On the way home, they were begging their parents to let them have a pet. My brother caved in when they got home...and got them goldfish! The children, not to be outdone, named them...

Wilson, Shelby, and Z!

Hey, you play with the hand you get dealt!

·
Registered
274 Posts
It is indeed a cute story. I am so glad your goldens were able to change a boy's dog-fear to a possitive one.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I just LOVE this post! How wonderful are your beautiful babies!!:smooch: Your post made me smile this morning, at the love they give so freely! It is just amazing they know to be "gentle" when need be! Merry Christmas to you and your family!:smooch:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts