Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I miss my Buddy
11,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined to this forum 5 weeks after I lost my Buddy, used to be "a regular" every single day for 18 months. I used to "know" most of the dogs especially ones honored at Bridge, who was sick and fighting hard, what puppy just moved with their people, ... When I lost my Buddy I had lost will and power to do anything and this forum was my world. And then my Buddy found Charlie for me. He takes all of my after work time, no complain at all, I skip forum for days and I miss it. This forum lifted me up with kind words and support for me and for the others, made me laugh to those little things people shared that just Goldens know how to do. And brought me to tears so many times when new thread showed up at Cancer and Bridge section. Made some really good friends I did not have for very long time. Found hope that one day I will see my Buddy again. Thought me that prayers said by many could make a miracle happen. Made me believe when I see a beautiful yellow butterfly flying around my head like this morning that is not just a beautiful creature, it is a sign. This forum is what it is because the dogs we have, the most special ones. Goldens.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
Butterflies, are a sign for me also,ever since my son died in 1998, and then I told mike that if he would send me a sign ,when he did pass, so I would know he was okay,mike sent me, and his son nick,and a friend emails,a few days before he passed,he said he would try to let is know,he was okay.Well, last sunday walking in the woods, a butterfly fly around me, my son and dil saw it, I knew it was from mike, because he knows how much butterflies mean to me.

·
Registered
21,134 Posts
I am so glad to hear that the reason you haven't been around much is because you are having such a wonderful time with Charlie. We miss you, but of course, understand.
Good to see you.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
I miss our conversations about our boys, both now at the Bridge. Like you, I've got a little adorable puppy to take up our free time and I also feel like Barkley had a hand in getting him to us. I hope that one day when our young uns are more settled we can pick up where we left off! HUGS and give sweet Charlie an ear rub from me! I loved his singing debut video!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Glad to hear you're doing okay.
Sheldon keeps me pretty busy as I am sure Charlie does for you.
All my golden girls are deeply missed. I feel blessed on how much they
touched my life.
Having a little boy now is special. His personality is really coming through now.
Stay well my friend.

·
Rudy's Lucky Dad
8,151 Posts
V, you've offered support to countless people here while their boys and girls went through illnesses, like Andy did. For that, I'll be forever grateful.

Seeing you enjoy Charile and watching him grow up has been a real joy, and one of the reasons I'm still around after Andy went to the Bridge. It's very heartwarming and gives hope to people who think they can never love another golden as much as one they lost.

You're a wonderful person, and Charlie is cute as a button!! We couldn't be happier for you :D:D:D:D:D:D

·
flykelley
675 Posts
Hi V
I do miss reading your post but we all know how much time a puppy takes. When I lost Katie it sucked all the energy out of me, most people just don't understand what a Golden means to us in our life and when we lose one it hurts for a long time. You helped ease my pain until I found my Abby. You and I walked down the same road at the same time. Today is a new day and we both have a little one to help heal our hearts. We can never replace our Buddys and Katies but we can sure honor them by keep our heart open to love again. Im not going to lie it still hurts when I think of Katie, them little miss Abby comes over to see why Dad is so sad. She has a way of making me smile and laugh. This forum and all of the members here sure helped to heal our pain. Someday all I can hope for is to be able to help someone else who is dealing with losing a special Golden a shoulder to lean on.

Mike

·
I miss my Buddy
11,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all. This forum is really one of a kind, just wanted to say how much I appreciate its members. I am just feeling so bad for not replaying PMs for days and not saying a word to people that hurt and many were there for me when I needed it the most. Do not have much to share but every thread on this forum deserves a word of acknowledgment at least. It is a tribute to my Buddy, here I am and who I am, it is all because of him.

Butterflies, are a sign for me also,ever since my son died in 1998, and then I told mike that if he would send me a sign ,when he did pass, so I would know he was okay,mike sent me, and his son nick,and a friend emails,a few days before he passed,he said he would try to let is know,he was okay.Well, last sunday walking in the woods, a butterfly fly around me, my son and dil saw it, I knew it was from mike, because he knows how much butterflies mean to me.
Terry I am so happy to read about your sign from Mike, it just amazing how loved ones watching over us. Hugs.

·
Registered
12,189 Posts
You have brought so much to the forum and your kindness to those needing support and love are truly amazing. We miss you and the dawgies miss Charlie when he can't get you to let him on the computer. BUT knowing that Charlie is keeping you busy makes me smile.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Buddy's Mom Forever

I am so glad that you beginning to heal, because Buddy sent you Charlie!

Reactions: Buddy's mom forever

·
Registered
12,767 Posts
Thank you all. This forum is really one of a kind, just wanted to say how much I appreciate its members. I am just feeling so bad for not replaying PMs for days and not saying a word to people that hurt and many were there for me when I needed it the most. Do not have much to share but every thread on this forum deserves a word of acknowledgment at least. It is a tribute to my Buddy, here I am and who I am, it is all because of him.
You have been a wonderful support to so many here - including me. You have definitely been there so often - there is no need to apologize or feel bad for one second. And I am definitely happy that you are busy and feeling happier because of Charlie. It gives people like me a little hope. We never forget our heart dogs. But they know we need someone to love - so they send us someone new to help us heal and feel happy again. I think that keeps them with us forever.

Reactions: Buddy's mom forever

·
I miss my Buddy
11,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
So true, this forum really is the best!
I am also so happy for you that you have Charlie in your life, he's a little sweetie and we love hearing about your adventures with him :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts