Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wakefield is being treated for an ear infection with a liquid medication, and he HATES the ear drops. He's been a really good boy over the holidays - didn't even attempt to touch the tree or steal the Beef Wellington. So, I've been giving him a bit more freedom in the house. This morning, I came out of the bathroom after my shower to find him chewing on SOMETHING. I removed the plastic item from his mouth, and then proceeded to find the ear drop bottle on the front hall rug, empty! The SOMETHING was the clear plastic dropper; the black suction top was nearby. As far as I can tell, he didn't drink or lick the medication but ate some of the (crushed) bottle cap and a small piece of the dropper. The vet said to keep an eye on him but thinks everything should pass without a problem.
What's interesting to me is that he managed to get something that was WAY back on the kitchen counter and ignored many, many more interesting items that he could have reached. So the NEW container of ear drops is in an upper kitchen cabinet and the little man will have to re-earn some of his newfound freedom.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Jack is that way, never counter surfs, never chews anything. We've been able to trust him with the run of the house since he was about 10 months old. Except when I got back from a trip to Las Vegas with some girlfriends for a bachelorette party and failed to put all my shoes away from the trip. Jack picked my most expensive pair of shoes and decided to chew the heck out of the heels. Apparently he was annoyed that I went to Vegas without him...lol

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
There's no dought their smart Fed-ex delivered 2 packages right before Christmas 1 one was a ball thrower for Jack the other was something for my daughter I came home to find a box shredded in the yard & the ball thrower in Jacks toy pile where he keeps all his toys the other package was not touched & he had plenty of time to get to both. LOL & yea he picks whoevers shoes he's mad at and taks them outside and chews them

·
Kodasmomma
1,482 Posts
They sure are. We had a heap of presents under the tree and two of them were for her (toys). We left for the day and my dad came by to let her out and walk her. He left the room for a minute and came back to her chewing up some presents. He text me to let me know I will have to re-wrap a few...we got home worried which ones she had gotten into..

Only hers...she left the rest alone. What a little turd to peek at her presents before it was time to open! LOL...just crazy that she knew.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
We were doing Honors in the back yard. 1st throw was Prada's 2nd throw was Jige's and so on. The 4th throw Jige tried to break on me he knew it was his turn. Pipsqueek. We had to change it up real fast. Prada now gets to go 2 or 3 times then Jige gets to go. Today we really messed with him and he got to go first..lol He thinks he is so smart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts