Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am so pleased! Last night Tilly and Harry played with each other again! This hasn't happened for months, it just shows how much Tilly must have been hurting. I had thought that maybe they had just outgrown playing with each other. She would occasionally play when she was overcome with excitement on walks but they had not been near each other like this in the house for so, so long. Probably because Harry is a big clutz and stands on her feet.They seem to just have an understanding when Tilly can and can't play as not once has Harry tried to play with her when her nails have been bad. He became very clingy to me...almost a bit lonely! She must be feeling some relief to play again like this...or maybe it is just the metacam?? ah well, she seems happier!

I must add that Harry is wearing a t-shirt as he has been licking under his belly constantly. He has had a skin scraping and there seems to be nothing untoward going on. I am convinced it is a behavioural/habit thing as the t-shirt completely stops him even attempting to lick...I would think if he was really itching he would scratch/lick through the t-shirt.

oh and the person that shouts through from the kitchen at the end of the clip is my boyfriends mum who is not much of a doggy person...she hasn't been around dogs playing much!!

After all that, here is my not very exciting, but very special vid of Tilly feeling better!!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
awwww Harry really missed his girl! Glad to hear Tilly is getting some relief. Her tail wags are soooo sweet!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
That's great to see! I'm so glad to hear that she's feeling better. I'm happy for Harry, too -- looks like he's every bit as happy as you are! :)

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That is just so great to see. I am really surprised how well Tilly is moving around. Harry must be over the moon with happiness that she is feeling better. Luckily Tigger hasnt been ripped apart yet.

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
Aww...they look so happy! Harry sounds like my Ike. He too steps all over other dogs or people when he's playing and excited. He has recently started itching and biting at his belly too, so I put a T shirt on him and Voila! No more itichies. :)

You can see that Ike is quite comfy in his T also...

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
aww... so sweet. Hooray for play time!

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Emma, that must've made your heart dance to see your two back in play mode. Tilly was insistent, wasn't she? :)

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Nice to see them both playing again

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Wow that must feel so good to see her being her old, playful self :) They both look so cute in their clothing! they look like they're getting ready for an exercise video - T-shirt and leg warmers ;) Thanks for making me smile!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts