Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me start out by wishing you and yours a very happy and healthy new year.

I was wondering if any of you have experienced this with your dogs. *The other day I was working on my boat trying to do something that was getting the best of me...I finally got to the point out of pure frustration that I let out a word best not mentioned here...and before I knew it there was old Woody at my side looking up at me with those deep brown eyes clearly communicating his displeasure with my being unhappy. *I couldn't help but smile and reach down and pet him. *

I'm to the point now where before I temporarily lose my temper, which thankfully I don't do often, I can't help but think now don't get mad you'll just upset Woody and end up smiling thinking it's just not worth it.

Pete

·
Megan, Moose's Mom
746 Posts
if i'm upset moose will sit with me and lay beside me and put his head on my lap and just look at me with those big brown eyes.. it's like he knows and is trying to comfort me.. and even when i'm angry he just has a way of making everything better

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
They do seem to know and will try and make you feel better.

·
Registered
13,062 Posts
First of - welcome back!! We haven't seen you here in a while! :wavey:

And second - I am mortifyingly embarrassed to admit (for the first time here) that the reason my dog is terrified of the vaccuum cleaner is because I lost it the last time the piece of crap fell on me. It was an upright model, and it used to tip ALL the time. It fell on me, bruised me, cut me. And the last time it happened, I cursed a blue streak out of anger and frustration and pain and slammed the thing down.

And since that day, even though I bought a new one (um, because I broke the other one), my dog is terrified of it. All I need to do is take it out and she starts to whimper. It was the first and only time she heard me yell - and I will not ever yell again in her presence because of the effect it has had on her. I feel guilty everytime I take out the vaccuum.

:eek:

·
Premium Member
18,397 Posts
We raised two sons, sometimes during teenage years voices got raised. Lilah is our peacemaker, she would come get between us and give me the SADDEST eyes you have ever seen, it shut me up every time because I couldn't stand to see her distressed. And then of course I had to pet and cuddle with her to make up for upsetting her, so my blood pressure went down. She won every time, and I'm glad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts