Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joy had a MONSTER woods walk yesterday morning (which made her face truly live up to her name!) and then went to visit my in-laws with me in the afternoon, which was a lot of excitement for her.

Today, I could barely get her worked up at the dog park! She played for about 20 minutes with some other pups, and then we played hide and seek, but she just wasn't her usual ball of energy self.

She is fast asleep now, looks so cute.

It's normal to have up days and down days, even when you're a dog, right?

:)
Thanks in advance for your input, crew of experts!

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Yup. Completely normal. When Rookie has a big day, he is often very mellow the next day.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yikes! I'd love a quiet day. My Molly is a rather wakeful puppy at the best of times! Unfortunately, today my car was on loan and we missed our usual walk/play at the beach. Its cold and rainy, we are stuck at home and we are both a little off. Its one of those days ...It goes like this -I take her out for a walk in the beautiful big park right next to our house but she doesn't really want to walk she wants to pull at the leash, chew rocks, eat moss and practice the fine art of passive resistance (she lays on her side and refuses to budge!). She doesn't want to play the normal retrieving games, or inside hide and seek, or practice any training - she wants to run away and have me chase her; she wants to find and chew my gloves (the good ones); she wants to stand up on her back legs to steal things off the kitchen counter;she wants to rummage around and dig out unmentionables from the dirty laundry; she wants to bite my toes and annoy the cat - and this is all done in about 10 minutes! Like I said ... its one of those days!

Normally she's a delightful little puppy (just over 4 months old) but not today! Wait ... is it suddenly quiet? I think she sleeping.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts