Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Jack and Trouble went through the fence Thursday late morning. I had taken her in the horse pen since I felt sorry for her. Brought her back in the yard and put her collar on and she bolted. Jack of course followed her.

We live way in the woods - hard woods to hike. Lots of ravines, rock faces and little mountains.

I've hiked part of the front portion which is where they headed. I went up on the high ridge and looked all around. Nothing. I haven't heard them either, although DH said he heard Trouble Thursday night, it was probably another dog.

I've driven the roads again this morning and am going up the mountain. I can only hope they have gone so far they can't find their way home. It is over 2000 acres back there.

Please pray I find them adn they are okay. Something has killed two deer in the ravine next to our house so that makes it worse. Copepr and Jack did this 3 years ago and I found them 3 days later at a post office 5 miles away - across all the mountains.

They have/had collars with tags and are both chipped. No one has called and I also left a messgae at AC.

I'm angry tht I let Trouble know she oculd go on the other side of the fence, angry I had Jack's collar off although I always do when we are hanging out, just angry, upset and heart broken and yes - angry at myself.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Oh no, I'm so sorry. Praying that they find their way home or you get a call that someone has found them. Please keep us posted.

Reactions: Karen519

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I am so sorry for your heartache........ When I was young and had my first golden (my soulmate) I went outside and saw that our back gate was wide open... I rode on my back for hours through the neighborhood calling for him... I came home and cried and cried... My parents wanted to take me to dinner at my fav restaurant to maybe relieve some anguish and when we opened the front door to leave THERE HE WAS! Laying on the front porch and gave us a look that said "took you long enough..." I am HOPING you get to sense the relief I experienced... I will be thinking of you and checking for updates!

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Hoping for the best possible outcome. I hope that they stay safe.

·
Gunner and Honey's Mom
5,624 Posts
Oh no Teresa! I wish we lived closer so we could help look for them. I will keep them in my prayers and will be watching for some good news. Hugs....

·
Hi, I'm Wendee
1,733 Posts
I'm so sorry. You must be so worried. I know this doesn't help now but in the future you might try it. My friend lives on a big ranch and sometimes his dogs wander off if someone leaves a gate open or whatever. He trained them to come to the sound of his air horn for treats. That way if they get lost they can hear the air horn for miles and want to come to it. It's worked for him everytime he's used it. I really hope you find them soon. I know you must be sick over this. Hugs to you and prayers coming that you find them.

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Sending positive thoughts that they both find their way home safe and soon.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
I am praying for their safe return.

·
Kristy
9,797 Posts
Oh no, I'm so sorry. I will pray that they are home soon... Please don't be so hard on yourself... they are living creatures with minds of their own and no matter how carefully we try to manage them, sometimes it doesn't go as planned. I'm sorry you're going through this.

I saw DaisyGolden's suggestion about the air horn and think it's a really good one. Mack hates having his nails done, but I have taken the pedi paw and dip it in peanut butter before I turn it on. Now all I have to do is flip the button to start it spinning and he comes running from wherever he is to get his peanut butter fix and nails done.

p.s. (I posted something else to you on the forum this morning before I saw this, I wouldn't have been teasing you had I realized you were having such an upsetting week. :uhoh:)

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,578 Posts
Oh Teresa, I'm so sorry. I know you're angry and upset with yourself right now, try not to be, you're using up energy that you need to use to look for them. Stay positive!

Sending you prayers you're little ones will be found safe and return home.

I'll be waiting for a good update soon.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
oh no, how awful. Praying hard for their safe return.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Maybe try a whistle? Low energy for you but the sound travels far (especially by doggy ears) and they will hopefully respond to it!

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
We have heard a lot of miracles on this board for lost dogs. I can't imagine what you are going through. Twice I have had a dog disappear for a few hours, and I know how scary that is.

I know you said you called a/c but did you also call the police?

When my dog was missing, my brother-in-law said to look at the resturants nearby - and they did find him near a resturant over a mile from my house.

When Kimm's niece lost her dog, they put lost signs on their cars. He was hiding in the woods for about 4 weeks.

We will be praying for you and their safe return.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Teresa

Teresa

Praying very hard for you, Jack and Trouble.

God, please guide them home safely.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts