Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Move over Keurig and Tassimo....the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf company has a new brewing system out and I got to sample a nice (too) hot cup of coffee made from it at Bed Bath and Beyond this afternoon. It was a great cup--the company rep said it pressurizes the water for a better brew-well it was delicious and stayed hot for about 30 minutes. They also have a $49 frothing accessory that did marvels with the milk. Espresso Machines | Tea Machines | CBTL.com
BB&B is selling it for $149.99 and the frother at $49.99. I guess you can get a better price using the 20% off coupons they offer.

For me, I'm married to my Keurig machine right now. :smooch: They also have a separate frother for $80 (ouch). The bottom line is they have more variety in selection, which is what I like. Plus, Starbucks just dumped Tassimo for Keurig according to the BB&B employee in the coffee section. BB&B here just got it stocked with SBs yesterday. I just ordered a bulk box of SB from Costco.com--can't wait for it to arrive.

The BB&B coffee guy also said they would have Dunkin Donuts in the stores by the beginning of 2012--it's too overpriced right now though for me. :(

Now, this Texan would LOVE to sample some Tim Hortons!

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it looks like it doesn't use K cups but some other type of cup. Grocery stores are going to need two aisles just for all the different cartridges out there. I'm sticking with my K machine.
That's what I was thinking. Kroger just put a bigger variety of K cups in the coffee aisle--there isn't any more room for another competing brand.

The guy from the Coffee Bean company said they were the anti-Starbucks. I didn't put two and two together because he kept on saying CBTL and that wasn't familiar to me--turns out Coffee Bean is really popular on the West Coast and with celebrities and not so much here. I was looking around and at least 3 people (me included) asked him if they would be offering Starbucks cups. :doh:

I'll admit--it was a better cup of coffee than my Keurig--but I'm in love with my Keurig and I'm staying true to it. :smooch:

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Yeah, that could be it. I never pay much attention to the TV LOL.

Jon was doing some training at a different branch of his work and they had one of those machines and he said it was AWESOME.

I'm thankful my mom bought me a coffee maker (cuz instant coffee is nasty lol) but I would like an upgrade!

I enjoy cappuccinos and hot chocolate as well.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, that could be it. I never pay much attention to the TV LOL.

Jon was doing some training at a different branch of his work and they had one of those machines and he said it was AWESOME.

I'm thankful my mom bought me a coffee maker (cuz instant coffee is nasty lol) but I would like an upgrade!

I enjoy cappuccinos and hot chocolate as well.
I think the Tassimo makes cappuccinos but you have to buy an extra disc of milk. It's a noisier machine IMO. Both the Tassimo and the Keurig have hot chocolate cups/discs, but they tend to clog up the machines. I like making hot cocoa the old fashioned way on the stove with milk...yum.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Question about Tim Hortons---is the Tim in Tim Hortons the same Tim in Timothy's coffee? There are some Timothy's K-cups that are outstanding!

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
I've only ever made hot chocolate with powder and hot kettle water LOL.

I don't want machines that are gonna clog a lot.

Those Tims are different haha.

Tim Horton was a Toronto Maple Leafs player who opened the franchise shortly before dying in a car crash.

I dunno who Timothy is!

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Got my Starbucks kcups from Costco. If you like it strong and dark, this is the one. I am all into lattes now that I got my auto espresso machine. Hubby drinks the kcups, now.

·
gone
1,443 Posts
Now, this Texan would LOVE to sample some Tim Hortons!
You aren't missing much, Timmies isn't the best coffee, I find it so bitter. When Wendy's bought the company they changed the coffee and it hasn't been the same even now that the company is back on Canadian soil. I love my Keurig, I use the re-usable filter with ground coffee personally ground for the Keurig, and it's a perfect cup every time.

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
Question about Tim Hortons---is the Tim in Tim Hortons the same Tim in Timothy's coffee? There are some Timothy's K-cups that are outstanding!
Nope, it's two different companies. I agree - I love the timothy's coffee k-cups! I don't think Tim Horton has k-cups, but you can get the re-usable filter like Deb_Bayne posted and fill it with Tim Horton's coffee...you just need someone to send you a box of Tim's coffee grinds! Though I think the main reason people like Tim's up here is because EVERYONE orders a double double. Two creams with 18% fat each? A horse turd would probably taste good with that much cream on it!

Reactions: Dallas Gold

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,578 Posts
You thought that the pre-made K-cups is the only alternative? Go to your local supply store and ask for the re-usable filter for the k-cup or you can order online

I found this at Amazon.com, Lowes Home and Improvement, Keuring's website. Just GOOGLE it and several retailers come up.

Thanks for posting this, I'm planning on getting my son a Keuring most likely for Christmas, will definitely add this to the package if I do.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Hahah and here I get my coffee from them in a Triple Triple (because I hate things that burn my mouth :p:)

I worked at Tim Hortons for like 8 or 9 years but only started drinking their coffee in the last year of being there so I don't know if their coffee actually changed but I like it.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nope, it's two different companies. I agree - I love the timothy's coffee k-cups! I don't think Tim Horton has k-cups, but you can get the re-usable filter like Deb_Bayne posted and fill it with Tim Horton's coffee...you just need someone to send you a box of Tim's coffee grinds! Though I think the main reason people like Tim's up here is because EVERYONE orders a double double. Two creams with 18% fat each? A horse turd would probably taste good with that much cream on it!
:D:D I had to laugh at your analogy there!

Hubby flies in and out of Canada all the time. Do they sell them in grocery stores too? I'll ask him to go buy me some if so and remember to drink it with two creams! He's always buying me Mexican Vanilla and Kahlua on his Mexico trips so getting Coffee from Canada shouldn't be a problem. There was something else from a thread last year I wanted him to bring me--some sort of unique Canadian candy bar--and I forgot!! :uhoh: Anyone remember?

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I found this at Amazon.com, Lowes Home and Improvement, Keuring's website. Just GOOGLE it and several retailers come up.

Thanks for posting this, I'm planning on getting my son a Keuring most likely for Christmas, will definitely add this to the package if I do.
I bought a Cuisinart Keurig machine and they put one of them in the side of the machine in a special compartment as part of the original package. Costco often puts one in on their Keurig coffee machine offerings, along with sample packages of K cups.

You can get them at Bed Bath and Beyond and get 20% off with one of their coupons...and while there check out the electric milk frother Keurig makes for $80.

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
I would like a machine that can hold a pot of fresh brewed coffee and still use K cups. My problem is that I'm drinking coffee all day and hubby says I'm drinking him into the poor house. THis way I could grind my own beans to brew a pot & still have my favorite K cups when I want them. Yes, I could have another machine next to my Kuerig, but that takes up too much counter space. I MUST have my morning K cup and then I MUST have my 2nd morning K cup of another bean/roast, and then I MUST have my 3rd K cup....by cup number 4, a pot of freshly ground/freshly brewed coffee would be enough to get me thru the day. :) No, never decaf, can't stand it...but I will sacrifice and drink a half caf now and then.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts