Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two dogs presently registered with Therapy Dogs International (TDI) I may soon have to leave TDI and join another organization. My employee volunteer recognition program has been unable to validate TDI do to their not responding to requests for information. I have been doing visits for years without a recognition program and didn't care about this but it has allowed me to earn over $2000 in rewards credit that I have been able to donate to other charities. In searching the programs data base for therapy dog it lists over 300 charities. I'm looking for recommendations of worthy organizations local or national that people have had good relations with. Unfortunately the most local group to me does not allow raw fed dogs. I live on Long Island, New York. I would appreciate any recommendations.

·
Super Moderator
700 Posts
The American Kennel Club has a list of therapy dog organizations on their website that they recognize. Might be a place to start.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you for the feedback. Love on a Leash is one of the programs I'm considering I will look into their requirements more carefully to see if they have diet restrictions. I've also looked at the AKC list and it's been helpful. I'm honestly hoping that this is going to turn out to be some sort of mix up in coordinating documents because as much as the testing for my dogs was no problem I really don't want to go through the process again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts