Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so surprised when I compared these pictures! It's only been 3 months since I adopted Oscar and he looks like a different dog. His coat is still a work in progress but I think he's looking quite handsome. He's such a happy boy and he's brought so much joy to my life!

(I'm photo upload challenged and I can't seem to get the pictures to appear in the order I want...but you'll be able to figure out which are befores and which are afters! :p:)

Attachments

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
You did good job with Oscar's recovery. And he is a handsome sweetheart no doubts about that. And looking in the pictures your joy is mutual.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's gorgeous!! How old is he? He looks so sad on the carpet..a far cry from the happy boy in the first picture!
Thanks! I know, he looks so sad and scared in the one picture that it makes me want to cry! Poor baby went through a lot before I was lucky enough to adopt him. He's around 7 years old but he still has little bursts of puppy energy here and there, especially if there's a squeaky toy involved!

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,615 Posts
Oscar looks fantastic and so happy, GREAT JOB!

Thank you for adopting Oscar and giving him the life he deserves.

Rescues are awesome!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Bless you for adopting him. What a difference from the sad little guy to the happy fluffy guy. Give him a big hug. Doing rescue that is one of the biggest joys I have in seeing them do a complete 180 and blossom.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
What a gorgeous boy.

·
Registered
13,071 Posts
Oh, my goodness! It's not just his FUR that looks better! What a sad little face in that middle picture on the rug. :( You have brought a sparkle to his eye. Thank you for rescuing him.

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
Aw, so that before pic is so heartbreaking. Thank you so much for rescuing him!! It really is amazing to see the transformation of a rescue dog from scared and bewildered to confident and happy. I love the picture of him on his bed surrounded by toys...finally, the life he should have had the moment he was born. Bless you for rescuing him!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all for the nice comments and compliments on Oscar!

Oscar is my first rescue dog and the funny thing is, I feel like the lucky one! I honestly couldn't have asked for a better dog. I tell everyone now that they should absolutely consider a rescue dog. Yes I missed the cute puppy stage and maybe we'll only have a handful of years together, but it's worth it. He deserves a good life and I'm lucky enough to get to share it with him!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
He is beautiful! Always happy to see a smiling dog; especially a rescued one!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts