Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People will probably think I'm insane but I can't get enough of sniffing my dogs. I'm always snuggling up to their neck and take a deep whiff. I love the spicy scent around their ears. I think its become an addiction to sniff my dogs. I must do it a dozen times a day.

So I love their spicy ears, and their frito's toes (I don't put my nose to their toes though because I don't want the germs on my face lol) and I've noticed that they don't even have bad breath either lol.

Ok I know I'm a little nutty but I can't be the only weirdo one here.

·
Missing my Boys...
3,980 Posts
People will probably think I'm insane but I can't get enough of sniffing my dogs. I'm always snuggling up to their neck and take a deep whiff. I love the spicy scent around their ears. I think its become an addiction to sniff my dogs. I must do it a dozen times a day.

So I love their spicy ears, and their frito's toes (I don't put my nose to their toes though because I don't want the germs on my face lol) and I've noticed that they don't even have bad breath either lol.

Ok I know I'm a little nutty but I can't be the only weirdo one here.
No, you are normal, I love the scent of my Golds and everyone of them is different.
I think that is what I miss the most about Bobby, when I am done brushing them I always would give them a big hug and enjoy their scent!!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
makes perfect sense(scents) to me!

·
I shoot, they fetch.
2,188 Posts
I too love that sweet smell right between their eyes. My guys also have what I call Frito feet--l love it!

·
2,472 Posts
nothing smells better than my Pudden. Mama always has to stick her nose in the Pudden's neck. mama looooves to stick her nose in the big stinky feet (which are spotless clean because she just runs on snow all the time). Mama loooves it when the Pudden stirs next to her in bed and sends over a whiff of that delicious Pudden smell. Hmmm...

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,076 Posts
I thought it was just me who was odd because I liked the smell of my dog's feet....they always smell so nice.....yes.....Frito feet!!!!

·
I've seen all good people
5,002 Posts
I leaned over to smell Merlin right before replying (he's laying next to me). I'm happy to join your weirdo group! :) :) The neck is the best smelling spot for me. Lots of times I curl up around him and bury my nose in his fur.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Yeah, the neck.....It's kind of a neutral scent...along with the frito feet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts