Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's something a little more positive from me. Finally, :p:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWnUY4Ea2Xc

Sunny knows sit, lie down, stand, stay, come, leave it (my favourite, his least favourite), take it, ring the bell and shake.

He rings the bell by himself without being told when he really wants to poop or go out to play.
I didn't include stay and come in the video because they're a bit boring to watch. He can also do hi five, which is pretty much like shake but with a different hand placement. Today we also tried some "sit pretty"! He definitely brings both paws up, but he has to grab on my arms to keep his balance.
This was all learnt in less than a week. It's amazing how fast they learn!

Our next goal is roll over and play dead. I tried lure training him VERY slowly today in three different sessions. He doesn't seem to want to roll on his back though - he either sits up or looks the other way as I'm moving the treat around his head in a lie down position.

Any tips? And any suggestions on what we can learn next that's not too difficult?

·
Premium Member
18,617 Posts
Ok after watching that video. I am absolutely 100% certain.

Sunny is in good hands.

At that age Ben could barley scratch himself.
ROFL!!!

I agree you are doing fantastic with him!

·
Millie's Dad, Chris
1,343 Posts
Nice work. Just be vigilant about not repeating command words and otherwise Sunny may end up learning the command as "lie down, lie down" and you'll wonder why he's being so stubborn when you ask him to "lie down" when he's just waiting for you to complete the command

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone!!!

Chritty, I agree. Thanks for pointing that out. I kept repeating the command mainly because they were still kinda new to him, but lately I've been trying to say it once. He's doing well! :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
We love the Sunny Diaries. We're getting a pup soon and your blog really has us laughing and realizing that puppyhood is a challenge. But your smart little fella seems to be really catching on fast!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.