1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
I too read it a couple of months ago...loved it until the ending. I won't spoil it, but it was not what I was expecting!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the part where Gar wouldnt let his pups go to pet homes until they were a year old because people would ruin the dogs struck me as a very intriguing thought...imagine a world where breeders had to keep the puppies they bred until they were a year old. How long would it take for the great breeders to rise and the bad ones to sink.....

·
Simon & Shadow's Mom
860 Posts
Okay, now I went and bought it. Perhaps we should start a "Book Club" thread? I LOVE to read and get very upset if I don't have at least one book "on deck".

·
Registered
106 Posts
I read this back a few months or so ago.......loved it....but the end caught me completely off guard. I thought it was beautifully written.

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
I just read it a month ago, and the ending was definitely unexpected. Mary, when you're finished, let us know, as I'd like to get opinions about the ending. I thought the book was beautifully written. Could anyone really get a visual on the type of dog based on the descriptions? That in itself was a good imaginative exercise:)

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Just ordered a copy to take on vacation in a few weeks. I also ordered Middlesex, which I've heard from at least 20 people is an amazing book!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Thank you for the recommendation, I ordered it on my Kindle last night.

I have been looking for something good to read... I guess I am one of the odd ones, having a heck of a time getting into Merles Door, too much scientific explanation for me LOL.

·
Gone to the Goldens ;)
1,150 Posts
I love how it is considered a "modern-day Hamlet"!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts