Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Louie is 9 weeks old. We've had him 1 week. Is it normal for a puppy to poop 4-5 times a day? Today, he pooped 2x before 8, again at 12, then at 6 and again at 7. That's 5 times! What's the scoop on his poop? :uhoh:

·
Registered
513 Posts
It's perfectly normal for a puppy to poop 4-5 times a day. I assume Louie is having 4 meals a day and puppies poop either before or after meals, sometimes both. The digestive system is also immature and food moves quickly through. Puppies also need more food when they are growing and the food usually has a nigher fat content than adult food. As Louie grows up the poops should get less frequent.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Yes some do poop often as babies. As they get older usually it is less frequently, Jaro does it twice a day most days, and is fed twice a day.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Yep BaWaaJige is going less than he did even 2wks ago. He goes usually 3x a day. He gets 2 meals a day but soemtimes he snacks on the food that my son 13yr old dog doesnt eat.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hi All, Louie is 9 weeks old. We've had him 1 week. Is it normal for a puppy to poop 4-5 times a day? Today, he pooped 2x before 8, again at 12, then at 6 and again at 7. That's 5 times! What's the scoop on his poop? :uhoh:
If his poop is firm, it is totally normal. Oscar is 4 months old and usually poops 2-3 times, but when he was at that age, he went more often, especially when had lots of exercises.

·
Registered
389 Posts
When my pup was 9 weeks old I felt like all I ever did was clean up poop! She usually went 4 or 5 times occasionally a 6th time. Now at 5 months she goes 3 times a day. First thing when she wakes up, mid morning about 2-3hrs after breakfast and then again about 1-2hrs after dinner. She gets 2 meals a day.

·
Banned
2,299 Posts
Oakley was pooping up to 7-8 times a day then down to 5 times and now at 8months i think he goes 4-5 times a day still...i posted alot of threads so worried he pooped too much, changed his food quite a few times too, now as long as its small and firm poops im happy with that:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts