Official Trout Bum
Has anyone heard how the Pudden is doing? It seems to me the last we heard momma was headed in to have some surgery done on the Pudden? Hopefully all is well...
Pete & Woody
Pete & Woody
well, thanks all for the kind words and concern.
Mama had to cancel the whole Anchorage trip because of heat. We had a heat wave in the whole state; at Pudden's house it was 93 degrees and about 85 in Nome and Anchorage. Mama decided that she couldn't possibly stick her Pudden into a plane at those temps.
So we postponed the trip. In August, Pudden's Oma will return for another one of her legendary visits, and Mama and the Pudden will pick her up in Anchorage, so that's when we will go for sure.
Meanwhile, the Pudden has been on walks - even up a small hill yesterday, and has been swimming in the pond, and there has been no limping. Mama decided to see how it goes till August and then let the fancy expensive vet make all his tests and x-rays and tell us whether there should be surgery or not. If her leg gets worse again, we can go earlier.
Meanwhile, here are a list of activities approved by Mama for the summer:
- floating down the rivers with Cpt Mama and crewman Hiccup in the kayak
- short walks and a bit of trotting
- digging for squirrels
- barking at the ducks
- lounging in the sun
and here a list of activities Mama has vetoed until further norice:
- running and jumping
- wild frisbee play
- climbing up big mountains
- chasing moose and other wildlife
- assorted unlady-like behavior
so there it is, so far. Would all be do easy if we could just go to the vet instead of having to fly there..
sled dog by day, bed dog by night