Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There was some excitement in the Pudden’s and her Mama’s town :banana:. Two red ships appeared on the horizon and drove through the sea ice to town to bring some fuel. The fuel was supposed to come last October but “someone-who-was-supposed-to-be-in-charge” didn’t pay attention and then the ice came and then it was too late :nono:. The town people did some math :scratchch and decided that there wasn’t enough fuel left to keep Pudden and her Mama’s’s little putt-putt-car going till spring :eclipsee_ and to keep Mama’s place heated so that the Pudden and her Mama can have warm feet-feetz when they are snuggled on the couch-couch . :kiss:
So the town people hired the little Red Russian ship which lives in the Arctic waters off Russia where it drives through the ice to bring fuel to all the Russian people and their Puddens :cool:. The little red Russian ship went to Korea to get diesel for Mama’s stove and to Dutch Harbor to get gas for Pudden’s putt-putt-car. Then the American people decided they had to have something to do with it too and sent the Big Red Ship, which is called the Coast Guard Cutter Healy and is an icebreaker :crash: . The big red ship was supposed to show the little red Russian ship to Nome, so that the Russian ship wouldn’t get lost. To which the Russian people just shrugged and said “делайте всё, что необходимо” , which means “whatever you say, dude” and smoked some cigarettes. And then they followed the big red ship to Nome to deliver Pudden’s fuel.
Last night, the big red ship was inviting people from Nome to come aboard to have a look. The Pudden and her Mama went out on the ice on skis to check out the ships. They were not allowed to visit the little red ship :nono: because the little red ship is full of Russian people, who smoke a lot and drink vodka. :smokin:
Mama went on board to have a look but the Pudden wasn’t allowed because only human people are allowed in the Coast Guard ships :bawling:. Mama got to see where the officers do their lounging and where the engines are and where the scientists go to the bathroom and Mama even got to sit in the Captain’s chair on the bridge (“Make it so!”). Nobody is ever allowed to sit in the Captain’s chair :nono:. If anybody tries, they are immediately keel-hauled or ordered to scrub the deck with their toothbrush. Only the Captain and silly landlubber visitors like Mama are allowed to sit in the Captain’s chair. The Captain of the Big Red Ship is named Beverly and she is a Very Cool Person who, like, totally has her junk together :rockon:. Mama also saw the Executive Officer, which means a Tall-Person-who-gets- stuff-done :yes:. Of course, The captain and her #1 were waay too important to talk to :curtain:, but Mama would have liked for the Pudden to meet the Executive Officer, because they could have talked some shop :yes: about their mutual experiences. That’s because the Pudden is the executive officer of the HMS Kayak, captained by Mama :eclipsee_ (see here). And Mama would have liked to compare notes with Cpt. Beverly on some operational questions, such as if her executive officer has ever jumped overboard to chase a duck. :banghead:
At night, some people from the red ships came to Nome, and there was pizza and speeches from the mayor and photographs and hand shaking :wave: and Eskimo dancing :nopity: and an undisclosed amount of vodka :party:. In the morning, the big red ship and the little red ship tuckered off again through the ice and headed south. Mama thought the path they carved looked a bit zig-zaggy, which could have been because of the ice or maybe it was on account of the vodka :gotme:.

Below mama’s photos:
1) The Pudden steams for the Healy
2) The Russian people's ship (The Renda) in the ice after sunset
3) The Renda in the sun
4) The Renda from the deck of the Healy
5) The town of Nome from the Healy
6) Mama in the Captain's chair ("Make it so")
7) the radar
8) The Big Red Telephone (direct line to Batman) on the bridge
9) The Pudden thinks she's seen enough
10) Renda again
11) Nomeites walk to the Healy
12) The Pudden with Renda, Healy and the sunset

Attachments

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Great to see you and the Pudden posting about your adventures again, you have such amazing experiences together, thank you for sharing them.:)

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
WOW Great story and pics!

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Fantastic pictures and so glad you updated for us. On the news we had heard about your need and the Russian ship comming, but to see your actual pictures and hear your stories really relieves my mind.

You and Pudden stay warm, ya hear?? Can't wait to read more stories, bundle up for sure.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Claudia you never cease to amaze me:) Glad all is well. You look good in the drivers seat.....Maybe you should learn to captain a luxury liner cruise ship I hear there is an opening in Italy;)?

·
Registered
684 Posts
LOL .... I was grumbling about our 1/2 inch of snow (I moved FROM Minnesota to get AWAY from the nasty white stuff) this morning and then I saw your posting. Suddenly our little disting isn't so bad.

Seriously, loved the story and the pics! Keep 'em coming!! Stay warm.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time, even if poor Pudden wasn't allowed to embark, but perhaps she was better away from the vodka

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,607 Posts
Amazing pictures and tales of your adventures=what an experience. Glad to see the Fuel ship arrived and the residents of Alaska will be able to stay warm and travel this winter.

I agree, The Pudden Tales would be a wonderful series to read.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
This was WAY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I too think you should write a book, better yet a children's book. A series, the adventures of Pudden.
beth, moose and angel

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
All I can say is WOW. What an amazing story, and you write so well! Loved the photos. Thanks so much for sharing that!

·
Registered
13,071 Posts
What an experience. You live a life few of us could even imagine. What great insight you give us.

Beautiful photos.

Reactions: AlanK

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
Awesome pics!! And great story telling, I love all the emoticons!

It's good to see posts about the Pudden again!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts