Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Over Xmas, Pudden's friend Dips came to stay with us because Dips' Mama had to go visit the inlaws :yuck:.

Dips is a sled dog who is a leader :rockon:, so she thinks her nose should always be the first down the trail. Of course, the Pudden is used to HER nose being first :squintdan. So, when Mama hooked them up together, they both pulled very hard to see whose nose is first down the trail :nchuck:.

This turned out to be very useful for Mama :yes: because all Mama had to do was attach the two of them to the sled with the newt water and off the newt water went down the trail :311taunt-. This was a good thing because Mama is an Old Person :eclipsee_and hauling newt water is very much a lot of work. :yes: And then last year Mama's newt people got married :love: and then there were eggs and then Mama had several more tanks full of baby newt people. So now Mama needs to haul newt water much more often than before :doh:. The Pudden doesn't like the newt people :crash:because she thinks that Mama spends too much time caring for the newt people when Mama's every free second should belong to the Pudden of course :banghead:.
see youtube video here:
Pics:
1) the beaver pond has an open hole when the weather is warm (25 F)
2 and 3) The Pudden and friend Dips at work
4) sled dogs by day, bed dogs by night
5) The newt people on a date
6 and 7) some baby newt people

Attachments

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Wow, another of Pudden's adventures - looks like it was harder work for you than the girls. ALways look forward to reading about your lives together

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
such amazing, awesome photos. Love to hear about the Pudden!

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
Another great story!! Wow....I cant believe that newts live way up there in the cold....amazing. I lve the newt cuddeling picture ;)

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
i love reading Pudden's and his mom stories. Always something exciting !!

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,675 Posts
Great video and pictures, love reading about the Adventures of Pudden and her momma, they're always so interesting.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
I really enjoy learning about how you both live. I often pretend to myself that in similar circumstances I'd be just as strong as you and the Pud when in reality they would have to copter me out after only two days, I'm sure. hahah

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I am catching up on all of your stories...you should write a blog or a kids book or something, you have a wonderful imagination! So I want to know what are you going to do with all those newt people when the babies have babies?

I LUV Pudden!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
WOW! Awesome photos and fun stories!
What do you do with the newt water? Do the baby newt people get strategically relocated in different areas to increase their chances of survival?

We get baby frog people in the spring. I fish them out of the pool cover then they get relocated to the pond down the street.

Tell the newt people to watch out for the moose people and their big feet.
Did Pudden and friends see the Moose people again this year?

Have fun!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yippee! Love the Pudden tales! :D

Agree with the others, you and Pudden should write children's books. Your style is priceless!

·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks all -
to clarify: the newt people live in a tank in Mama's and the Pudden's bedroom. There are no newt people living outside this far north :yes:

Some of the baby newt people moved into tanks Mama set up for the local preschool and the High school.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
You guys have too much fun up there in the frozen tundra LOL Even doing hard work looks like a great time for Pudden and her buddies.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I just love the adventures of (Cap'n) Mama and (First Mate) Pudden. They make my day. (P.S.: I really think you need to publish these.) :)

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
Beautiful photos, love to read the story too.

·
Registered
13,077 Posts
Awesome. Thanks for the smiles.

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
Awesome! This thread made my day!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts