Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I was, on the computer just finishing up checking email before heading out food shopping and I thought gee, Piper went upstairs and she's been quiet for a bit........I went up the stairs, she went down the stairs..Went to get my watch off the nightstand and there it is on the bed.
I didnt leave it there I thought. And then the full truth hit. Piper left it there, front crystal gone, hands mangled and bent, face scratched. My favorite watch that has traveled everywhere with me. Destroyed by such a lovable creature, my Piper. No I didnt yell or punish her, it was really my fault knowing that she has had her crosshairs on that watch since the begining. Perhaps it made a sound she found irritating???
Well now to find the remains of the crystal and get them out of the bed. Dont want to roll on that at night..Hmmmm not in the bed, maybe on the floor? Not on the floor, perhaps between the covers? Nothing. Then the thought of it's final possibility sinks in.
My dog ate glass. S**T !!!
Is it in one piece or several? S**T !!!
Time for a phone call and trip to the vet.

Xray confirms it's in several pieces and going on a diet with pumkin & mineral oil the remains should be deposited somewhere in my back yard real soon.

Well it's been a couple weeks now, took a little time to get the xray img and to put the pretty red arrows showing the remains of the crystal....

As Julie (Videochick) told me after all was aid and done..............

"I guess you have....... (are you ready for this?)

A WATCH DOG" :doh:

And now, the 218$ xray image.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
Well, since it's been weeks I'm sure it all came out all right! hahahaha (that was bad I know).

But you gave us all a good laugh, great story - Watch Dog! LOL

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was thinking more like Shreder......

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Eek! Piper...Don't Do That!! Silly Pupper! I have heard that bread, given to then after they have consumed glass will ball up around the glass and aid in the careful elimination...

Watch Dog...Geeze!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts