Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was how very very few of the goldens had any titles at all after their names. Now of course I excuse the puppies from that comment. But I was flipping thru the show program and of over 140 goldens only a handful had any title at all after their name, and most of those were rally titles. And these dogs weren't all *that* young. It kind of bothered me. Maybe it's just me.

·
Registered
16,393 Posts
Did Lori's Noah win there?

·
Registered
20,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Mandy's Mom
1,488 Posts
I must say that Rosewood Little Giant Tito Monster looked fine, very fine and beautiful during his time in the ring! He is a beautiful guy.

·
chew chew chew
3,571 Posts
I think that's the norm here too, dogs in conformation tend to just do conformation. Not a lot of the conformation people do anything else, some will place a pup in an active home but otherwise....

I do see why though, if you have a big fluffy golden for conformation, it's hard to keep their coat in good shape if they're out hunting and running through burrs.... Bender got plastered in them once and it took me three days to get them all out, plus a lot of hair pulled out too (which is why it took three days, she looked like a prickle coated lab!).

Lana

·
and Miss Riley and Jake
686 Posts
Very nice pic PB! Is he yours?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts