Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! We are a family of four, looking to add a four-legged friend to the mix. I am looking for reputable breeders in the Ohio area, but can also travel to bordering states.

I have spoken with the following breeders, and would greatly appreciate it if anyone could provide me input/opinions:

Top Hat Goldens in Enon, Ohio
Spirit Goldens in Springboro, Ohio
Genuine Goldens in Minford, Ohio
Sonshine Goldens in Wakarusa, Indiana

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I'm also a Buckeye and have been through the breeder search recently.
I can tell you that Top Hat is a well respected breeder. I suspect she has a long waiting list though.
I don't know anything about the others you mentioned.
I would recommend Shilo Goldens. She has announced a planned breeding with a very nice Harborview boy just recently.

Good luck on your search.

·
Kristy
9,830 Posts
You are lucky to be in a great region for reputable breeders. Here is a link to Golden Retriever Clubs, Ohio has 4 and Michigan and Wisconsin are also great for a search.

Member Clubs: Golden Retriever Club of America - The GRCA Club

Each club should have a puppy referral contact and that person will have a good idea of any litters being planned. In general, reputable breeders will compete in some venue with their dogs and for this reason everyone tends to know everyone and it's a small world. Establish a conversation with a good breeder and even if they don't have anything planned, they will be a good link for pointing you in the right direction. You can also check the GRCA website for events in your area where you could go and meet different Goldens and see if a particular 'look' of Golden appeals to you. Setting up some visits is also a good way to meet different dogs and ask questions.

Best of luck with your search.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts