Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we just got back from a long, tiring, but very fun day at the IKC show here in Chicago.
I posted his breed ring results in the showing section of the forum, thought I'd put the obedience here. I found out it's very hard to show in so many events in one day in such a huge show....
Anyway...
He NQ'd in graduate open on the articles. He's just having a devil of a time with the articles. We've been at this for 8 weeks now, and he just doesn't seem to get it. I'm open to suggestions....
Other than that, he really did a great job for me and I was real pleased. It's a huge show with literally thousands of spectators, standing 4-5 deep ringside, kids everywhere, etc. Not a good venue for an inexperienced dog, showing in graduate open for the first time! Even though he was tired from the breed ring, he did a good job!
He got second in the heel-down, behind the dog that took both high in trial, and high combined, a real nice OTCH golden. So I was real pleased about that, his heeling can be rather sloppy when he's tired.
My favorite event was the team competition, we took first (mostly due to lack of serious competition) but we had a blast! It was for sure the crowd favorite, with our 4 dogs working in supposed synchronization....
A great day! Tito and I are just exhausted!
I wish I knew how to get thru to him on the articles....

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Sounds like a very fun weekend! Seems like lots of things to be very proud of! I have no advice for articles, as I have never trained for that, but I am sure it will come together! Looking forward to hearing about future training!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Hey, sounds like you guys did real well, all things considered. Saw you got fourth in breed in your class, good for you. How did Carolyn do in obedience and Lynn in breed do? Warm and sunny where I am. How are my babies doing?

·
Registered
20,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your babies are bringing me great joy every day!

Hey, sounds like you guys did real well, all things considered. Saw you got fourth in breed in your class, good for you. How did Carolyn do in obedience and Lynn in breed do? Warm and sunny where I am. How are my babies doing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts