Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was walking Maggie this evening, trying to get her to potty. A woman and her husband were walking down the street and saw Maggie. They asked if they could pet her...I, of course, said yes...and the woman petted her and gave her a big hug. The woman then told me that she had lost her golden 2 months ago. She seemed somehow comforted by petting Maggie. My heart goes out to her. It is so hard losing a pet.

·
GR lover
521 Posts
So nice that Maggie was able to bring some comfort to that couple. I hope they open their hearts to another Golden friend soon.

Treats for Maggie!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I remember for weeks after Simon passed away that I would stop random strangers and ask if I could just pet and say hello to their golden. It did backfire once when a woman walking her beautiful golden in the park said no - I'm pretty sure she thought I was trying to hit on her :doh:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Awe, Maggiesmommie, I have had 2 of those moments.

When Maggie was just a few months old, we were practicing walking in our downtown area. A man walked up to us, gently hugged Maggie, looked at me and said "thank you". Took me by surprise at first, and I remember being a little wigged out at the time, but think he was homeless and missed something, a former dog or whatever.

Then, last year when we were in Boston for my husband's surgery, a gal came up to Maggie and me and said, "Can I pet your dog?" She was in school, missed her Golden and was looking for a fur fix. She sunk her fingers into Maggie, and I've got to tell you, it felt good for us all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts