Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I’m new to the group and looking to get my first pup and I love Golden’s.

Has anyone heard of “The Golden Life Pups” from Florida? I saw their website and it seems legit but I was wondering if there are any reviews good or bad about them?

Thank you.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
I see lots of red flags, but very little information about the breeder or their dogs. Do you have the registered names of the dam and sire?

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
The website is pretty- but nothing there is useful. What you want to find- when looking for a breeder- is registered names, links to pedigree, clearances... this appears to be a young woman breeding Goldens to satisfy a market, not to make a safe buy for puppy people. I get that from lack of info, dogs not on k9data (which is such a useful tool that these dogs not being there by call name make me know the breeder doesn't use this useful tool), and no mention of any titles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

I’m new to the group and looking to get my first pup and I love Golden’s.

Has anyone heard of “The Golden Life Pups” from Florida? I saw their website and it seems legit but I was wondering if there are any reviews good or bad about them?

Thank you.
Hi,

I was just wondering if you had found out anything useful. I have been talking to Taycie about adopting a pup, but something just seems a little off...

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Can you post the website link? I am finding one inTX and one in AZ-on reading her 'testimonials' it appears her name is Taycie so that's probably the right one. There is no real info on that site, nothing to make one think they are doing things the best way for both their puppies and the people who buy them. If you can also let us know the sire and dam registered names, that'd make it a more efficient check for safety. I did notice she states she has prelims on her stud dog- prelims are not clearances in any stretch. Just a looksee.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Pedigree: Sawyer Finn of The Golden Life is the stud dog. He's not old enough to use for breeding.
Here's one that's old enough but he has no OFA record-http://www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=988259
Both these boys have unimpressive/lackluster pedigrees with no clearances behind them.
Rylee- Pedigree: Gerry's Rylee Ann Arnett her pedigree is also unimpressive, and she too lacks OFA clearances.
Finley-http://www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=988127 ditto
Nessa-http://www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=988129 this one has a (?) patella clearance (though Goldens do not usually get patella clearances) and an inadequate cardiac clearance. With this one, she seems to have branched into the Eastern Euro dogs but the pedigree is still unimpressive and certainly there are no clearances to bank on...
So, Crunchbyter, your 'off meter' is working.

·
Super Moderator
630 Posts
No contract, selling all puppies on full AKC registration, no mention of health or longevity or that they do any sort of early stimulation for the puppies... Their dogs don’t have any sort of continuity in how they look, nor health testing. Obviously they know about OFA testing and see choosing not to get clearances on all of their dogs. All BIG red flags.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts