Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need to go back to work...

So I heard that golden retrievers can carry a raw egg in their mouths without breaking it. I thought, why not give it a try? Anyway, here is the result. He did good with the egg, but of course after I stopped filming he picked it back up and threw it against the hardwood floor to get what was inside. Sometimes I think they are too smart for their own good.

Well, I'm glad I had planned on mopping the floors today anyway!

(Please don't laugh at the "puppy voice" :) )

·
Missing Molly
1,524 Posts
What a good dog he was taking it to his bed and then he even treated himself dor being so good, LOL

·
Gunner and Honey's Mom
5,624 Posts
Gunner was good with it in his mouth but once on the ground he took his big paw and smacked it. It broke immediately. He was kind of scared like he did something wrong. It was cute. Your boy was so gentle even throwing it on his bed....;)

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Love how he thought it was a game of keep away. I'll have to try that and video it. I know: let's ALL do it and post the videos here!

p.s. I have to go buy eggs...it wouldn't be the same with Egg Beaters. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hahah that was the cutest!! I'm going to try and see what happens with my penny, although I'm a little skeptical... ;)

·
Administrator
16,476 Posts
My two carry theirs outside for a while but they know what is inside the egg. I could never trust mine inside as they too would be using the floor to break the egg.... :)

Thanks fo posting that video.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts