Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Debbie
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, we have reached it. If it is too quiet in the house I know she's up to something. Now she's to the point where she doesn't even hide. She just sits there with the object in her mouth and waits to be discovered. The other day we were all busy and someone noticed her sitting in the middle of the room with my daughters underwear in her mouth. She just looked at us as if to say, "Well it took you long enough. I could have had this in shreds!"

And then there's the digging. We started getting brave and leaving her out in the yard for short periods of time (like 10 minutes). Do you know how big a hole a 7 month pup can dig in 10 minutes???

And commands...she's "fogotten" every command she's learned. It's a good thing she's so darn cute.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Yes mine is 8 months and last night I realized he is no longer is listening to the word "stop" when I say "stop and drop" to remove things from his mouth. He keeps going with a wiggle and a waggle.

And they do have the ability to dig really fast. Scout was sitting outside facing away from us for about ten minutes. I finally said hmmmm he is being just a little to good. Why, he dug a small pond and was giving himself a paw mud treatment. From behind he looked like a sitting good dog, from the front...a mess.

·
Debbie
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And they do have the ability to dig really fast. Scout was sitting outside facing away from us for about ten minutes. I finally said hmmmm he is being just a little to good. Why, he dug a small pond and was giving himself a paw mud treatment. From behind he looked like a sitting good dog, from the front...a mess.
I laughed as I read this. I can just picture it. And I'm sure he was very proud of his pond sized hole!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
"Well it took you long enough. I could have had this in shreds!"
HEY - I KNOW THAT LOOK!!

It is a good thing they are so darn cute isnt it!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I laughed as I read this. I can just picture it. And I'm sure he was very proud of his pond sized hole!
it's when they are being really good and quite at this age you have to be more aware. They are tricky little guys and gals, don't let the big eyes and little body fool you.:)

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
HEY - I KNOW THAT LOOK!!

It is a good thing they are so darn cute isnt it!
That cute look it like a force field - I'm telling you they are very advanced and calculated when using those big puppy eyes...they know what they are doing.

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Ahh lucky you! While it was Molson's baddest age, it was also one of the most fun - I hope you are still able to enjoy it and taking a ton of pictures along the way :)

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
That cute look it like a force field - I'm telling you they are very advanced and calculated when using those big puppy eyes...they know what they are doing.
You're so right! And I want to know who taught my Molson that the puppy dog eyes work for getting pretty much anything. His mommy must have sent him home with a short list of tips on being cute!

·
Debbie
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, the look that says, "I didn't really mean to have this sock in my mouth." Or, "I was just holding it for you."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts