Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel so bad! Y'all know Layla is very skittish (she see's dead people and stuff :)). She is afraid of her own shadow most times...and the slightest things can really spook her.

Last night we were playing ball in the house (yes we do that here)...Layla does not like to go near the gate at the bottom of our stairs - she is afraid of it. If the ball goes near the gate she won't get it... last night we coaxed her to get the ball which was about 5 feet from the gate. She slowly crawled to it on her belly...was just about to grab it... and I yelled BOO (I did not intend to do it, I have no idea why I did it :doh:). Ugh... she carried on for 10 minutes, and tonight won't go near that side of the room LMAO.

It was kind of funny, but I felt so bad for her after. I did get to cuddle with her for a very long time last night:). I hope I didn't scar her for life.

I am a bad, bad mommy!

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
My Chester is also afraid of his shadow and the gates are like monsters. But I never yell BOO to scare him. Your poor Layla ... you mean mommy. LOL

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,076 Posts
I thought it was just my puppies who were afraid of gates.....we have one blocking the entrance to our basement (they're only allowed down there with us) and everytime I go near it, they act like it's going to jump out and attack them. Can't figure out why they are scared of it........

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Layla, I am sorry but I laughed at what your Mom did to you. I think one way or another you will get her back.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
LOL, I'm a mean mommy too. Conner freaks out and hides in another room if anyone blows in his face, but sometimes I just can't help myself.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
That's too funny! I am a mean mommy too, sometimes. I have been known to chase the Pug from room to room with toenail clippers in my hand, making that noise they make when you squeeze the handles. She pins her ears back, her poor little tail uncurls and she goes from room to room trying to escape. Sometimes you just can't help yourself!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
LOL Poor Layla, some mommy's just can't control themselves.

Buzz got into the habit of jumping up to look in the kitchen window over the sink if I'm not at the door when he is ready to come in. One day, I saw him running from the door to the window. I couldn't control myself and ducked down by the sink. When I heard his paws hit the ledge I popped up and yelled 'BOO'. OMG the look on his face was priceless BUT **** he almost fell over onto his back. Scared the heck out of me!
I never did that again. All I could think of was rushing him to the vet with a broken back and having to tell the vet how it happened! Nope won't do that again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts