Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw this article in our paper. I guess we tend to forget sometimes how dangerous it is being a rescue worker:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/1663222.html

Thank you all of you out there for doing everything you do. We have have a lovely Golden retriever and a Siamese cat that we would not have if it weren't for rescue workers.

·
Premium Member
18,595 Posts
Hmm, I'm not sure what I think about animal control officers carrying weapons. I can see why they think they need to, but what if they came into my home with a concealed weapon? I'm not comfortable with that thought. If they get in a situation that requires protection they should call for a police officer.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not comfortable with it either.

I just never really thought of the risk that some rescue workers put themselves in. I guess if somebody ever came to take my dogs, my husband would probably end up in jail.

·
Winchestersonfieldville
1,328 Posts
I second the gratitude for those people that put their life in danger to protect the innocent.

Law enforcement workers who carry concealed weapons only use their weapons if necessary. They go through training and are instructed on situations. I'd be perfectly comfortable having a concealed weapon licensed person in my home with their concealed weapon. The whole point is that it's concealed. You wouldn't even know they had it.

·
Lost in Fur Land
168 Posts
In Kansas concealed carry is legal anyway. The training you have to go through is very good, and the FBI does some of the class work, and all the background checks.

I dont work in a dangerous job, just a citizen that is concerned for my own well being, and i have a Kansas carry permit.

Someone that may be faced with a person overcome with emotions, or is just flat nuts needs to be able to protect themselves, if there in the home of someone that has been abusing an animal and they decide there not giving up there pets may very well be armed. I personally would'nt do the job without being armed for my own protection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts