Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems almost every day my dog does something dumb/silly that either makes me laugh or makes me say "what were you thinking?"

I thought it'd be fun for everyone to share the silly thing their dogs do in a day.

I meant to start this thread the other day so I'll start with that one:

I pulled some burrs off my dogs fur and tossed them on a floor briefly while I got the vacuum. So what did he do? He tried to eat them and of course started choking on them because they're big and pointy LOL He ended up hacking them back up.

And for today, about 1am I let him out to pee just cuz I was up sick anyway, he starts to pee then next thing I know he's growling (while peeing) then he starts barking all angry like (rare for him) and takes off running down the yard. He chased a couple of coons away LOL (if you knew my dog you'd think it was weird for him)

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
My husband calls Brady "Dummy" at least once a day.

We brought home this weekend a new puppy MacKenzie from Dirk's Fund. My front door is all clear glass, and has two big clear glass windows on each side. The windows go to the ground. We bring her into the house, and she starts exploring. All the sudden she bangs her head on the glass trying to walk through it. Not even a half hour later, she does it again! Now she is scratching at it, she just doesn't understand. (She does have some vision impairment in one eye, so that probably does not help).

·
Registered
820 Posts
Cubby, I am glad you were able to find another dog and that Dirk's fun was able to help you!

hmmm. Luck does something dumb or odd everyday for sure. Let's see. Lucky is a very sloppy eater. I swear more of his food ends up hidden throughtout my house on the floors than what is actually eaten! Yesterday, I am sweeping and he is chasing the broom and trying to eat all of the "hidden" food! I guess I messed with his stash! So he decided to eat all of the food out of the pile (while I was getting the broom pan) instead of the FRESH food in his bowl!

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Chester is always doing something dumb or goofy. Last night he didn't like the screen saver on my daughters computer and started growling and barking at it. On Sunday morning (early) I let him outside to do his thing and a few mintues later I hear him growling...he was barking at the hanging clothes in the laundry room window (basement well window) I guess he thought people were in the house and he should let us know. Goofy Golden!

·
Mom to rescue Murphy
191 Posts
We have one of those little plastic "pick-up bag" dispensers on the end of Murphy's leash. He loves to carry his own leash in his mouth when we're preparing to go out...and he shakes his head vigorously, effectively whacking himself repeatedly on both sides of his head with that dispenser! And he doesn't learn from it, either! Dummy. Heh.

·
Registered
14,284 Posts
We got a new burn barrel the other day - Max was beside the truck when our friend took it down and put it on the ground and he didn't pay any attention at all. Later on that day he decided it was a massive threat and barked at it for a good five minutes, running around it, growling and barking like it was the essence of evil. I was cracking up!

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today:

I let Tucker out of the car and he ran over to Banana (neighbors lil shih-tzu ) and she started freakin out and tryin to run away (she was leashed up) and I couldn't stop laughing because Tucker kept tryin' to sniff her haha. I was like "Tuck she doesn't like you!!" So I had to lure him away with a french fry :p:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Layla has started losing her teeth so we have been curling up a wet towel and freezing it for her to chew on. Instead of using it for teething it always ends up being her play toy. She whips it around and keeps smacking herself with this hard, wet towel. She then gets mad at it and barks at it. Goofy dog.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts