Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He has a wonderful family who is taking him home today him. Dad is a stay at home dad and he'll have two little girls who are really excited to have him as a part of his family. Mom just adores him, too.

We are going to miss him terribly. He is such a wonderful and sweet puppy. He's a good match for them, though.

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,739 Posts
I know this is a bittersweet day for you fostermom, there's always at least one that really tugs at your heart.

He's such an adorable little guy, sounds like he has a wonderful family waiting for him-they are lucky.

Thanks for the great job you did getting him ready to be the boy he will be for this family.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Kudos to you! I could never ever foster - you truly do G-d's work I am in awe! My heart would break each and every time I would have to say goodbye.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He has come such a long way (and grew a ton!). I think he was 8 weeks old when he came to us and weighed just under 10 lbs and he's 13 weeks old today and weighs at least 25 lbs. He has sit, down, shake and spin down. He's only had one accident since we got back from the lake, though the "I need to tell them I need to go" lightbulb hasn't gone off yet. He's sweet and loves to cuddle. Every morning he'd come and put his front feet on the sofa next to me so I could scratch his ears.

Yeah, we'll definitely miss him!

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
Aw, I'm happy for him but sad for you...it's so hard to give them up! Especially the ones that worm their way deep into your heart. Hopefully the family stays in touch so you get updates on how wonderful he's doing!

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
What a gorgeous puppy. :smooch:

His new family is very fortunate to have him. Wow...25 lbs. @ 13 weeks is huge, just under the low end of what a Dane pup would weigh at that age. Wonder if he's got Newf in him? Would love to see what he turns out to look like as an adult.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What a gorgeous puppy. :smooch:

His new family is very fortunate to have him. Wow...25 lbs. @ 13 weeks is huge, just under the low end of what a Dane pup would weigh at that age. Wonder if he's got Newf in him? Would love to see what he turns out to look like as an adult.
I knew his paws were huge when he first came in, but I didn't think he'd grow as fast as he did, that's for sure. And he wasn't chunky, he really was big all around. I wondered a few times if he had some Newfie in him, too. I fostered what appeared to be a Newfie mix puppy a couple of years back. He was 14 weeks old and 35 lbs and skin and bones when I got him from the shelter. So it could be that this sweet puppy just had a big lab for a dad.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Did you put a new clause in the adoption contract:
"Adopters will take photos every week, send them to Fostermom and Fostermom is expressly permitted to post said photos freely on the GRF because people want to see our dog grow up?"

I sure hope they will send you photos so you can post them for his fan club here!:crossfing

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Awww, what a cutie! I'm so happy for him and his new family and a huge thank you to you for taking care of this sweet little one and preparing him for the big world around him! I would have had a hard time letting him go!

·
& Sawyer's & Quinn's too!
2,740 Posts
Ohhhhh, what a face!!! My goodness, I just LOVE him! sighs.... If only I lived in NC...

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DG, they said we could have liberal visitation and I will bug them for pictures, too. Jay had a really hard time letting him leave today. We were both very attached to him (and him to us).

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Thanks for taking such good care of this puppy so he can have an awesome life! I know it is so sad to see them go, yet at the same time, its a joyous occasion for this big sweetheart and his new family. Thank you for helping a rescue dog find his forever home!

·
Chester's Mommy
2,688 Posts
I don't know how you do it! Putting those fosters in their forever homes must be difficult, especially when they're so cute! I give you a lot of credit. And I hope the puppy finds a lot of love with his new family. :)

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know how you do it! Putting those fosters in their forever homes must be difficult, especially when they're so cute! I give you a lot of credit. And I hope the puppy finds a lot of love with his new family. :)
There are some who are more special than others. All of my fosters are loved totally while they are here. Some I am happy to see go to their forever homes and some I am so sad to see go. I don't let myself bond with them, but if I were to allow myself to, they never would leave. This puppy was one of the extra special ones. It was hard to see him leave. But I know I can't afford another dog and to give them the care and stuff that they need. Plus if I were to adopt him, I could foster anymore. So I had to let him go, but it was very hard.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts