Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Golden Ret Enthusiast
1,640 Posts
I also take some direction in the fact that in MOST states in the USA...Incest (Inbreeding) is ILLEGAL for humans. There must be a reason for such laws. (perhaps there remain 2-3 states where incest is legal). From what I have been able to gather..inbreeding among mammals can weaken the gene pool, where in nature, natural selection rules to this day.

We still get to make our own decisions thankfully, regarding where and how we get our own dogs, what we do to treat them medically, etc, without interference from anyone. One also must examine the motives of everyone that is involved in such discussions. Why there is is such a problem when those decisions (our personal decisions) run contrary to some other opinions is unfortunate to say the least.

There are many dog owners that are not breeders etc, geneticists, "experts" etc., and a clear path for our own investigation is/was appreciated, which was provided at the onset of the OPs thread. For many like I, the charts etc were not old news, but another tool from which to make our decisions.
I just explained that. Do you read? Some animals it takes 4+ generations to see inbreeding depression. I am not saying that is the or is not the case with dogs. You can't just take what affects people and apply that to every animal. If that was the case. why have studies. Do one, on people, and just apply that information to EVERYTHING. Good god man, that's BRILLIANT. We could take that money saved and research and feed the homeless. ?

Edit:
Also the charts that are new news to you but is old news was not complete so why would you not care to know this? This thread is explainging to everyone that the data isn't complete and can lead you to wrong conclusions. Why the hell would you want incomplete data to use to make your "own decisions" as you say. That is 180 degrees on what YOU say you want for yourself and everyone else? Agreeing and supporting someone that is giving you potentially the wrong information. OY! Can one actually dig to china?

61 - 62 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.