Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
This I find amusing, all of it, and here's why: blogs and FB discussions that millions of us devote huge amounts of time to, are people you do not know, probably would not want to know, who definitely do not care what you think, and put you (all of us) in the position to defend that opinion.

Don't you get it? They do not care what you think! REALLY! Pitting the virtues of a well bred dog against a rescue dog against a young puppy against a difficult ....whatever type acquisition of a dog... nobody cares what you think! Or what I think.

People! You're debating the foolish concept that there is only one perfect opinion, pronouncement that is RIGHT! And don't you notice reflective of the divide in this country! Right now everyone one is 100% right. The rest are 100% wrong.

Come on people!

There is no final final. You're doing what you believe to be the very best. Screw the attacks from unknown sources. You are just fine. FINE.

OTOH this forum is really valuable for seeking advice. Seeking and finding comfort over loss. Suggestions of names.

And that's it Amen hallilujah.

And what do you want to bet someone I do not know will tell me I'm wrong. Therefore I find it amusing.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I have had people try to talk to me about rescues. I actually own two right now. One is a Brussels Griffon looking dog. Serious resource guarding issues. We have found ways to manage it but it will never be cured. She's 10 years old.The other is a medium sized brindle dog of unknown origin. She is incredibly fearful. She was a first obedience dog. After her CD, I retired her. It was too stressful for her.

When someone asks me why I didn't get a rescue instead of my goldens I simply say that while rescues are great dogs, I need a dog that can fulfill certain goals that I have. I want a dog that can do well in obedience, field, and agility. It's not fair for me to expect a rescue to live up to my expectations. Usually that shuts them down quickly.

·
Registered
535 Posts
KK Taos....You make a good point, but are you not doing exactly what you are telling others not to do? Your advising others to 'get real'! Since we too are complete strangers...do you really 'care' about us? Be careful how you answer that least you contradict your post...

41 - 46 of 46 Posts