3201 - 3220 of 3230 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,202
We have a sad update for Charlie. He's not doing well again and the vet believes it is one of three possible cancers; aplastic anemia, lymphoma or multiple myeloma. We do have the option to do a bone marrow biopsy, but his vet thinks it would be really hard on Charlie as would Chemo (with everything else he has going on). We have decided to make him comfortable for as long as we can. It might be a few weeks to a few months is what she said. His anemia is worse, his breathing is worse, and his platelets are borderline. Yesterday he didn't appear to know where he was. He's better today but that's because I upped his pain meds.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending out postitive thoughts and prayers for Charlie, you, and your whole family. Charlie couldn't have a better owner. You go above and beyond for all of your dogs. I hope you have a lot more happy, quality time with your sweet boy.

Reactions: jennretz

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
I'm so sorry Charlie has taken a turn for the worse. I'll keep him and all your family in my prayers, always close at heart.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,675 Posts
We have a sad update for Charlie. He's not doing well again and the vet believes it is one of three possible cancers; aplastic anemia, lymphoma or multiple myeloma. We do have the option to do a bone marrow biopsy, but his vet thinks it would be really hard on Charlie as would Chemo (with everything else he has going on). We have decided to make him comfortable for as long as we can. It might be a few weeks to a few months is what she said. His anemia is worse, his breathing is worse, and his platelets are borderline. Yesterday he didn't appear to know where he was. He's better today but that's because I upped his pain meds.
I'm really sorry to hear this, sending good thoughts and prayers to Charlie and you.
Prayers he has many good days to come.

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,208
I’ve reached out to a vet who specializes in hospice care so that I can best manage Charlie’s pain. As long as I can make him comfortable I will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
I am so sorry. I know you will find the best ways to help him through this difficult time as you have always given him your best. Stay strong.

·
Registered
17,977 Posts
Sending you all hugs and prayers across the pond x

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,211
We made the decision to not do anymore invasive procedures for Charlie. We did do a contrast MRI of his brain yesterday. He has beginning stage CCD (dementia). No stroke. No tumors. More xrays of his other organs (heart and lungs) and no obvious masses. He had ultrasounds last week of the abdomen. His anemia improved perhaps due to sucralfate for possible ulcer. We will continue to monitor labs and it’s very possible he still has cancer that can only be confirmed by bone marrow biopsy. I will not put him through that. We’ll take each day at a time. We’re switching him to a neuro care food, supplements and adding melatonin for the night to help him sleep. Love him to the moon and back.

·
Registered
898 Posts
We made the decision to not do anymore invasive procedures for Charlie. We did do a contrast MRI of his brain yesterday. He has beginning stage CCD (dementia). No stroke. No tumors. More xrays of his other organs (heart and lungs) and no obvious masses. He had ultrasounds last week of the abdomen. His anemia improved perhaps due to sucralfate for possible ulcer. We will continue to monitor labs and it’s very possible he still has cancer that can only be confirmed by bone marrow biopsy. I will not put him through that. We’ll take each day at a time. We’re switching him to a neuro care food, supplements and adding melatonin for the night to help him sleep. Love him to the moon and back.

Aww sweet Charlie,by his pictures he looks like the sweetest boy. Sending good thoughts to you both!

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,213
Aww sweet Charlie,by his pictures he looks like the sweetest boy. Sending good thoughts to you both!

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk
Thank you! Poor boy just can’t catch a break.

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,214
We have an appointment for Charlie with the oncologist on January 25th. Charlie has been having an active bleed since last Wednesday. His labs were actually better than the previous ones. We’ve been giving him Yunnan Baiyo. For now we monitor him and will take him to emergency vet if he gets worse. They’ve been running a 5 hour wait so I don’t want to put him through that unless he’s urgent.

·
Registered
17,977 Posts
Sending love and prayers to you and precious Charlie x

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Thinking of sweet Charlie and you....Hoping for the best for him. He is in the best of hands in your care.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I'm so sorry about your sweet Charlie. I'm sure he's had a wonderful life with you -- he has such a sweet happy face. Prayers for Charlie and all who love him.

3201 - 3220 of 3230 Posts