Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

** Thanksgiving** National Dog show ** My daughter will be on TV**

1562 41
Wanted to wish all my GRF friends a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving and if anyone has time to watch the Dog show from 12-2PM tomorrow my daughter will be handling one of our smooth collies and also my rough Collie as well will be in the Herding group.. Here is a pic that was taking of her in the Group

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Fawn Companion dog
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
She did a fantastic job. I was so impressed with how she did. I'm sure you're very proud.

• Love
Reactions: JerseyChris

·
Registered
897 Posts
She did such a great job. You must be very proud. And oh my gosh, she looked so adorable in that suit!!!! 😍

• Love
Reactions: JerseyChris

·
Registered
229 Posts
I know zip about showing dogs, however JerseyChris, your daughter is the perfect example of professional.

Concerning the lab video, someone please tell me that the lab in the video is not the example of what the lab breed standard is supposed to be.

·
Super Moderator
3,224 Posts
I know zip about showing dogs, however JerseyChris, your daughter is the perfect example of professional.

Concerning the lab video, someone please tell me that the lab in the video is not the example of what the lab breed standard is supposed to be.
Don’t you know they need all that fat to keep them warm in the icy waters 😉

No it’s not. As is the case in dog showing, sometimes the extremes come out and this is what you see. Labs are shown fat for reasons that are beyond my understanding

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
It isn’t to anyone other than a confirmation judge.

A very accurate quote I read recently:
“There is nothing more destructive to breeds than the show ring.”
I’ll leave it up to the author to claim it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts