Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Thanks Maggie, Ray, Charlie and daisy.

1K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  maggie1951 
#1 ·
Well, Charlie and Daisy's holiday is drawing to a close. :sadwavey:
Yesterday I spent the day with Maggie, Ray and the girls and stayed overnight at their holiday cottage. We had a really lovely time but I awoke this morning with a stiff aching left arm. The cause of which will be revealed below.
Maggie and Ray allowed me to choose our rambling route so I opted for a 4 mile, gentle (or so I thought) circular route through countryside near my family home It actually turned out to be a rather strenuous cross country hike, encountering many stiles and walls resulting in us having to lift one stubborn, dirty golden over. Plus thorny hedges through which the 3 of us had to pull, push and bribe the same stubborn golden and sheer drops into streams which meant I had to hang on to that stubborn goldens tail (I am really sorry Charlie and an aching arm serves me right) to avoid a catastrophe! Meanwhile the other golden was demonstrating a fine example of how it should be done- good girl Daisy. We even met a goat and I have to say I was very impressed with Charlie here, she came when called. She is not as dense as Maggie says! One look at that goat and even Charlie knew it was wise to retreat!
Pics of the 2 above mentioned goldens in the gentle hills (NOT) of yorkshire:

Green and pleasant land, perfect for a days rambling!

No sign posts around here

Daisy loves the freedom. Oh and the pheasant hunting! This was shortly before she disappeared into those woods causing a right rumpus among a flock of pheasants!

Charlie much preffered the water. Unsteady hand here as was worried for her safety in there, and Rays as she's still attached to her long line!

All's well at the end. A nice pub to quench our thirst and calm my nerves!

This morning we went walking again for what I thought was a nice stroll along a disused railway line near the holiday cottage. I really have to stop assuming! This stroll again resulted in me having to grab that stubborn Charlies catch me harness and tail as she disappeared through a thorny hedge (see she's got the hang of it now) only there was a sheer drop, of quite a height, on to the rocks of the beach below. I tell you my nerves are shredded!

This was the nice walk I had in mind before we veered off on to a woodland decline of rocky steps. Oh that was after Maggie's lost her footing and plonked down in the middle of a field! She then decided to stay at the top and leave Ray and I to venture down! Coward!

Charlie and Daisy enjoy a refreshing dip

One contented Daisy

One exhausted charlie

So for now it's au revoir Maggie, Ray, Charlie and Daisy. Hope it's not too long before we can do all this again. I had a GReat time. Thank you.

See less See more
#6 ·
WOW what a beautiful place and I hope you feel better soon from the aches. It sounds like it was a great adventure and Daisy & Charlie will be begging to come back to your home very soon.

#7 ·
Stunning scenery looks like you all had a great time, lovely photos Patsy I especially like the photo Of Charlie looking back down the track she looks like she is saying are you coming come on keep up. I am sure you are going to miss Maggie Ray Daisy and Charlie.

#14 ·
Patsy, remind me never to go on a gentle stroll with you - think i would have to be wheeled out. Great pics there, I'm sure Charlie was put into Maggie & Rays care just to keep them on their toes - love the "story" of the rambles.

Thanks for sharing them with us - me thinks that 2 girls are going to be very sorry to be going home

#15 ·
Yes Patsy that was no stroll in the park !!!!!!!!!!!!!! and now you know what i mean about Charlie not going over stiles and having to lift her over and not going where you want her to :uhoh: and you can see why my arms ache :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.