Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

My name is Micheal and I live in Thornhill Ontario, just wanted to thank everyone here for all their insight and answers to a multitude of questions.

I have been reading the forums for some time but have not really posted as most of my questions were already answered!
Truly grateful for this place as my wife and I needed a lot of help getting prepared for our new addition to the family.

We pick up the little guy in a couple weeks and the waiting is killing me! But fortunately we found this place and I truly believe we are ready to take on what, from what I have read, will be a holy terror of fur for the next year or two, haha.

I have attached a couple of pics from our visit to all the puppies, but only have a few with me, will try to post more later.

Thanks again everyone here for all you knowledge and insight. We truly appreciate it.

Micheal

Attachments

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,152 Posts
Hi Micheal, welcome to the forum, glad you've joined us.

Congratulations on your new pup, I know you and your wife must be really looking forward to bringing him home. Hope your wait goes by fast for you.

The pups are adorable, do you know which one you're getting yet?

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
Welcome from down south Georgia Micheal :wave: Pup will be challenging however get through the tough times and you will have a gem of a pooch.

And yes post picture upon his homecoming.
Al

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not yet, the litter had 9 pups, 7 boys 2 girls. Our only chance to meet them due to schedules not matching up was when they were 4 weeks. So only a few were starting to show their personalities then.
And sadly looking back their hair was so long it covered the collars so it is hard to distinguish who was who, LOL. Playing with 9 puppies, their mom, and 7 other goldens (they were separated from the puppies at this young of an age) including their gorgeous dad was overwhelming and made remembering a lot of the individual puppies very difficult at such a young age, and even more because they all look so much alike!

There are some videos that put this in perspective and I will try to get a copy to upload or at least supply links later this evening.
The breeder thinks there are two that fit the temperament and looks we (meaning my wife) wanted. And a third, but he is a monster lol, he already weighs close to 30% more than all the others.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some more pics of the litter.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Home time was yesterday. What a fantastic pup. 3 hour drive and he slept the whole way with just one stop for potty.

He acts like he is comfortable with his new home already. Did not cry once the first night. Only barked twice in the morning when he heard us whispering and not letting him out lol.

Haha some of the pics are sideways or upside down sorry lol

Attachments

·
Registered
17,461 Posts
Congratulations he is gorgeous, have you picked a name yet?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So my little guy sleeps a lot. He plays for 20-30 min then sleeps for a couple hours. Is this normal?

He also does not eat a lot. We are giving 1/2 cup of Kirkland puppy food 3x a day but he only eats 1/2 to 2/3 of that. Plus he is getting about 1/2 of a full size milk bone as treats.
He is having good bowel movements about an hour or two after eating. And he plays pretty hard.

·
Registered
921 Posts
When I brought River home first few days she didn't want to eat a lot. Then after she adjusted she got her appetite. They sleeping part sounds pretty normal. Play hard for alittle and then nap. Growing bodies need there rest. Enjoy it while you can lol. He is adorable and congratulations.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts