Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

THANKFUL to have my dog back. But she's sick!!!!!

536 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  mdoats 
#1 ·
Home for the Holidays and to collect my dog, who's been with my Mum for two weeks. (I had a retreat at a No Dogs Allowed park.)

She's sick! My poor honey bear! She developed an ear infection early in the week, poor baby.

So, yesterday, the vet's. Cha-Ching. I guess that's where I'm Black Friday shopping....

God love her! She has a bacterial ear infection and an allergy breakout on her tummy. :(

The verdict: Too Much People Food. Yes, this is the cause. Nana gives her lots of "tastes." Two weeks of being spoiled...has not ended well.

Poor bear.... It's not her fault! And now she's sick!

#2 ·
Oh, poor thing! Thankfully she has you to take her to the vet and get antibiotics.

Between me and you, I'd be furious if I left Tesia with someone and told them not to feed for people food - and they did. I feel for you - especially since it was your mom. Harder to show your fury. Did she at least feel bad?

Hope your pup is feeling better soon. I can speak on ears.. we hate ears in my house. But once the antiobiotics kick in, it should clear up soon..

#3 ·
Poor baby but at least she is back home with you where she can get well now. Hopefully she will have no trouble going back on her dog food. Once they get that people food, they sometimes can be picky. Good luck. I think if it was me, I would ask my Mom for some money for the vet bill.

#4 ·
I have to confess that I have let her have little nibbles of people food, depending on what it is. But Mum's apparently made her her own bacon every morning! With buttered toast! Can some one please explain the benefit of feeding her grain-free dog food if she's getting buttered toast?

Sigh. We now have doctor's orders so I expect the dog food future to be bright.

I just now expect my mother will be buying even more dog treats....

BUT, we have a good vet and even though I hate she's sick, I am grateful that nothing worse happened.

Poor sweet furrball.

#6 ·
Sorry your poor pup is sick. Make sure your mom knows the vet's diagnosis and that it's because of the people food. You may also want to have a conversation with mom about pancreatitis and why fatty foods are soo bad for dogs.

If she's the type that is going to give the dog treats no matter what, try bringing her a bag of approved treats that you can leave with her. I'm a fan of Zuke's mini bites. You can give more frequent treats because they are so tiny. That way Nana can still feel like she's spoiling the dog, but you don't have to worry about her giving the wrong kind of treats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.